2020 baseball

Crotch

Triggered
Premium Member
Reaction score
This cheating report is insane by the Astros. Suspended the Manager and GM for 1 year, $5M fine. Lost 1st and 2nd round picks.

Then the owner just turned around and fired both the Mgr and GM.

Alex Cora, you're up next from what I am hearing....................

Bill Hicklin

Reaction score
Now- does Manfred have the stones to do the same to the Red Sox?

Pal

Reaction score
An excerpt from the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball.

Alex Cora (Bench Coach). Cora was involved in developing both the banging scheme and utilizing the replay review room to decode and transmit signs. Cora participated in both schemes, and through his active participation, implicitly condoned the players’ conduct. I will withhold determining the appropriate level of discipline for Cora until after the DOI completes its investigation of the allegations that the Red Sox engaged in impermissible electronic sign stealing in 2018 while Cora was the manager.

Though Cora appears to be the ring leader my guess is Cora won't be punished because teams from Boston are expected to cheat.

Last edited:

Crotch

Triggered
Premium Member
Reaction score
Though Cora appears to be the ring leader my guess is Cora won't be punished because teams from Boston are expected to cheat.
This is actually true

Reactions: Pal

jrbab

Reaction score
Even though I'm a Red Sox fan, if he's guilty, throw the book at him. Same with anyone else that gets caught doing this crap. If you can steal signs the old-fashioned way (no electronics) then by all means, go ahead. No one has an advantage that way. I do notice the NFL is lying low on the latest Pats cheating incident. The NFL lost all credibility when they destroyed the cheaters tapes during the Spygate episode - no reason to believe them this time when they say this one is not a big deal.... I'm hoping Florida gets their act together on Kraft though - would love to see him have to take a hit on that.

redking

Reaction score
How about - get rid of all the stupid new rules from the last few years, no more challenges and have the electronic system detect balls and strikes and fair / foul balls. Then the umps focus on calling safe / out at the 3 bases and home. Done.

strat1701

El Diablo Cazador De Hombres
Reaction score
bunch of horseshit imho. I can't wait for people to try to taint and shit on our WS title now as a result of this....

Even if you are sign stealing, YOU STILL HAVE TO HIT /FIELD/ PITCH THE BALL TO WIN A WS CHAMPIONSHIP

King Minimoose

Reaction score
How about - get rid of all the stupid new rules from the last few years, no more challenges and have the electronic system detect balls and strikes and fair / foul balls. Then the umps focus on calling safe / out at the 3 bases and home. Done.
A lot of umpires already have trouble with focusing on safe and out calls (looking at you Angel Hernandez). Being able to challenge helps eliminate some of the human error.

Last edited:

jaycoyoyo

I would rather be playing guitar.
Premium Member
Reaction score
Similar to quarterbacks in the NFL, pitchers should have a radio that enables them to take signs from the bench coaches. Eliminate the down time between every pitch to give signs.

Zungle

Reaction score
bunch of horseshit imho. I can't wait for people to try to taint and shit on our WS title now as a result of this....

Even if you are sign stealing, YOU STILL HAVE TO HIT /FIELD/ PITCH THE BALL TO WIN A WS CHAMPIONSHIP

This isnt HS baseball,or Senior BabeRuth.....

These are professional hitters ....if they know what pitch is coming they're at a definite advantage, at the plate and on the bases......

Last edited:

Zungle

Reaction score
Honestly the punishment is way fvkin light........

Every player involved should be suspended for at least 1 season without pay......

Houston should also be limited on transactions for 2 seasons.......and to some degree cut out of the broadcast revenue......

Boston should be investigated and under the microscope as well......

jaycoyoyo

I would rather be playing guitar.
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would be willing to bet that lots of teams were using the replay rooms to their advantage.

MLB: we're going to install a tool in your stadium that could be used to give you a competitive advantage, but don't use it to cheat, mmmmmmkay?

Teams: ok sure wink wink

Crotch

Triggered
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bye Bye Carlos Beltran. We'll see if this is it now.

Astros, Mets, Red Sox all without managers.

Pitchers and catchers in less than a month

King Minimoose

Reaction score
Bye Bye Carlos Beltran. We'll see if this is it now.

Astros, Mets, Red Sox all without managers.

Pitchers and catchers in less than a month
The Mets have Hensley Muelens as bench coach. He's been groomed under Dusty Baker and Bruce Bochy. Probably one of the people most deserving of becoming a manger along with Ron Wotus. The Mets would be incredibly stupid to hire someone else, but after all, it's the Mets.

Latest Threads