2019 Traditional

Gridlock

Reaction score
Looks like I’m buying a brand new 2019 Traditional in Tobacco Burst. This will be my fourth Traditional (others 2011 and 2012).

Comments, concerns, experience on the 2019 models? This one appears to be a one piece back (could not find a seam). I’ve always loved the Traditional’s and the Tobacco burst color.

6B4C4057-6B24-4435-8BE0-95C668802452.jpeg

Last edited:

danzego

Reaction score

Gridlock

Reaction score
I have one of these too and it sounds killer.

I don’t mean to be a downer if you were really hoping, but that’s clearly a two piece back. Don’t let it bug you, though. Not a thing wrong with that (unless you’re paying reissue money).
No problem and your probably right, but I can’t find the seam.

Christosterone

Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
How the eff dones Gibson do such perfect tear drops...
your guita is insanely Breathtaking...plaintops rule

an that burs :drool: :wow:

congrats And hngd

-Chris

danzego

Reaction score
No problem and your probably right, but I can’t find the seam.
Right down the middle. Looking at the back, the grain on the right side is straight up and down while the left is running on an angle. You can see the difference between the two sides at the middle.

For future reference, the easiest way to check is to look at the bottom of the guitar (at or near the strap button, in the case of most Les Pauls). I find that the seam tends to be easy to spot there.

Gridlock

Reaction score
Right down the middle. Looking at the back, the grain on the right side is straight up and down while the left is running on an angle. You can see the difference between the two sides at the middle.

For future reference, the easiest way to check is to look at the bottom of the guitar (at or near the strap button, in the case of most Les Pauls). I find that the seam tends to be easy to spot there.
The first place that I looked. No line (seam) in the middle at the strap button or elsewhere.

Latest Threads