2019 - present Les Paul 1960 Reissues

Harley90

Reaction score
I see a lot of interest around R7's, R8's and R9's but not a lot of talk around the R0's. The current batch of custom shop guitars are so good I was wondering y'all thought of the current R0's?

Does anyone have one or a few? Anything specific collectors look for in this model?

Thinking of adding one but there doesn't seem to be a lot around.

calieng

Reaction score
I see a lot of interest around R7's, R8's and R9's but not a lot of talk around the R0's. The current batch of custom shop guitars are so good I was wondering y'all thought of the current R0's?

Does anyone have one or a few? Anything specific collectors look for in this model?

Thinking of adding one but there doesn't seem to be a lot around.
For some reason Wildwood is fixated on them. They often have them in stock. I ordered two from them this past year when I was buying the first bunch of Murphy Lab guitars. They were both '60 models with amazing tops.

Not much to say other than the neck is a little thinner than a '59. Slightly snappier sounding.

Unfortunately I had to return them due to the finish defects but you are not missing anything if you like the current neck carve on a '59. It is not like a few years back when there was a much bigger difference in the '59 and '60 neck carves.

01433_lg6.jpg

Tim Plains

Reaction score
R0s are no better or worse than any other R, I owned two, nice guitars but the necks were too slim for me.

T Willis

Reaction score
I love R0's. I think that it just comes down to preference really. If you like fuller necks, go with R7-R9s. If you're like me and prefer a thinner profile, then go with the R0. I've seen some beautiful examples in every reissue year. I have a G0/R0 and the neck is slightly thinner than other I've played. I'm currently considering purchasing a friends 2019 R0 and the top is absolutely stunning.

modavis99

Reaction score
I have owned a 2013 R0s, a 2015 true historic R0 and now a 2020 60th anniversary R0. I think the 2020 is/was the best of them but they all played and sounded great. I sold the 2013 to fund the TH and I sold the TH because the frets were too small - but that guitar sounded great

Bwk

Reaction score
I think, in general, (this is solely my opinion) that the thinner necks make them sound a little brighter than the 58s or 59s. A little more telecaster like. Again, just a generalization.
There may be a few of the 60th anniversary models floating around. These had 3 neck profiles to chose from. The v1 neck was no different from the 59 and the v2 and v3 necks were thinner. The necks apparently changed gradually during 1960 and they provided examples of all the iterations for the anniversary year.
I have a v2 neck. I find it thinner than the 59, but still comfortable. When I say thinner, I don’t mean flatter. It still feels rounded in my hand, just less of it, if that makes any sense. The guitar is bright and bold. It has little more treble to it to my ear.
One thing that you would want to determine is what the stock neck is on the 60s. To my knowledge, they don’t do these various neck profiles outside the 60th Anniversary models and only produce 1 neck and I’m not sure if it’s biased toward a v2 or v3. At any rate, I think you can find a wonderful example of a Les Paul in a 60 reissue. Just have to determine if the neck is right for you because that’s the critical difference in my opinion.

Latest Threads