2019 Original Collection 60s Les Paul Standard • SOLD!

jstarr823

Starr Guitar Works
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
As much as absolutely I adore this one, I have a very short window to score my first Custom Shop LP. Plus, I’m in the process of selling my house and moving to SC, so the lack of spare & disposable funds won’t allow for me to keep this one plus purchase the CS.

This one is spectacular! Beautiful Unburst finish with deep, rich cherry back. Absolutely Killer flame top with a beautifully dished top carve. Historic appointments include proper bone color tall pickup rings, non-beveled edge pickguard with slotted bracket screw, narrow font switch washer, amber switch tip, 59 spec truss rod cover, and vintage height top hat knobs with pointer indicators. Also features '61 Burstbuckers pickups with hand wired controls and Paper-In-Oil Bumblebee capacitors. Fit & finish on this one is absolutely perfect. Condition is 10 of 10. Absolutely spotless and perfect. I can’t imagine that you’ll find a better example than this one.

Includes the absolutely mint & spotless brown Gibson hard case with full candy and a brand new Souldier USA strap.

As stated, this guitar is "like-new" condition. Ships in the original Gibson Box.

PRICE DROP! ONLY $1875 SHIPPED!

Most everyone knows my impeccable selling & trading track record, so I’m not exaggerating how nice this one is.

Last edited:

jstarr823

Starr Guitar Works
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

jstarr823

Starr Guitar Works
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
As promised, a few more pictures. Not the best lighting. Missed the midday sun... Had our open house today.

Lkdog

Reaction score
Do these have medium jumbo frets and not the skinny tall ones?

jstarr823

Starr Guitar Works
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do these have medium jumbo frets and not the skinny tall ones?
Yes, sir. That is correct. Medium jumbo frets.

zoso623

Reaction score
What profile is the neck ? also not to sound ignorant what year is it ..Thanks

jstarr823

Starr Guitar Works
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
What profile is the neck ? also not to sound ignorant what year is it ..Thanks
No worries. It's the new 2019 Original Collection that just came out. Neck is the same profile as the 1960 Reissue Slim Taper. Neck Dimensions are .820 at the 1st & .920 at the 12th. Thanks.

zoso623

Reaction score
Did you change the volume and tone knobs? i thought they came with the gold hat ...( i do prefer the top hats )

jstarr823

Starr Guitar Works
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you change the volume and tone knobs? i thought they came with the gold hat ...( i do prefer the top hats )
Yes. Those are vintage spec top hats. I’m not a huge fan of the reflector knobs.

jstarr823

Starr Guitar Works
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now $1875 shipped.

I have no idea how you’d find a better deal on a new 2019 Original Collection 60s Standard.

Last edited:

jstarr823

Starr Guitar Works
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Brazilnut

Reaction score
Howdy, jstarr
May your move be smooth, sir! Personally, I hate moving. Too much adventure for me, plus I always lose stuff.

What does this OC beauty weigh?

jstarr823

Starr Guitar Works
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks! We're purging & selling as much as possible before we go so, hopefully, it will be a smooth move to SC. Need to get this house sold first!

Weight on this one is under 10 lbs. I believe 9-12. The scale is packed, but I'm pretty certain that is what it weighed on my postal scale when I checked after the unboxing. I gotta say though, it really doesn't feel like it. VERY well balanced. Cheers!

Brazilnut

Reaction score
Thank you, brother. Truly a beautiful axe at a generous price point. It weighs too much for me, alas. My beat-up frame can't support that weight for too long any more. I'll bet it sounds as good as it looks, too. Those 61's are very articulate pickups, I understand. Any way, good luck on your move, and may bidders go wild on your asking price for the house!

jstarr823

Starr Guitar Works
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you, brother. Truly a beautiful axe at a generous price point. It weighs too much for me, alas. My beat-up frame can't support that weight for too long any more. I'll bet it sounds as good as it looks, too. Those 61's are very articulate pickups, I understand. Any way, good luck on your move, and may bidders go wild on your asking price for the house!
Thanks, brother!

Latest Threads