2019 Les Paul Standard 50's Goldtop (more pics added)

Bend'n'Slide

Reaction score
Just fabulous! HNGD! :dude:

The more I think about this, the more I want a Standard ‘50s GT — but the P90 version rather than the HBs. I’m seriously considering trading my ‘14 Standard to fund this growing GAS.

integra evan

Reaction score
So after playing this and my R8 side by side, this guitar actually has a fatter neck just by a smidge. This really is modeled after a 57, lol

Benniator

Reaction score

The more I think about this, the more I want a Standard ‘50s GT — but the P90 version rather than the HBs. I’m seriously considering trading my ‘14 Standard to fund this growing GAS.
This is the lightest example I've seen.

9 lbs exactly. Most Goldtops seem to cluster around the 10 lbs mark.
I love it.

Slick Willy

Reaction score

I’m very happy to say I now own the 50’s gold top with p90’s! It’s a brute at almost 11 lbs. I am in love with it though. The neck is on the smaller size of a true 50’s model but still has meat. It screams blues like no other guitar I’ve ever owned. I play it through a twin reverb and a blues breaker. If you set a chance try one out. My only gripe is one of my tuners slips. I’m not sure what traditional tuners to get as I’m not a luthier lol. Any input would be cool if you know.

integra evan

Reaction score
I’m very happy to say I now own the 50’s gold top with p90’s! It’s a brute at almost 11 lbs. I am in love with it though. The neck is on the smaller size of a true 50’s model but still has meat. It screams blues like no other guitar I’ve ever owned. I play it through a twin reverb and a blues breaker. If you set a chance try one out. My only gripe is one of my tuners slips. I’m not sure what traditional tuners to get as I’m not a luthier lol. Any input would be cool if you know.
Awesome! Make sure to get some photos and get a NGD thread started

Bend'n'Slide

Reaction score
Yep, I’ll second that!

I’ve been waiting for a P90 ‘50s to show up as an NGD post — I’m surprised it’s taken this long!

I’m not surprised, however, to hear that it’s a screaming blues machine! Attaboy!!
:dude:

integra evan

Reaction score
Yeah they are good guitars.
On another note, what happened to NGD in the thread title lol?