2019 Gibson ES-335 Chris Cornell

bluesriffdev

Reaction score
Olive Drab looks so great on his signature model but I don't know if I could justify it on such an expensive guitar. Gibson should do it more often - I'd love to have it on an SG special. Crews (Japan) make a Les Paul Custom copy in the same colour.

MSB

Reaction score
I love it too, but no way I'd pay anything close to what they asked last time when you can make it yourself for half.

JMB1984

Premium Member
Reaction score
I would definitely prefer a factor neck ES but with those pickups.

It all comes down to whether or not MAP is reasonable. I remember the second round of Dave Grohl ES being pretty ridiculous in comparison to the first round.

Blue Blood

Reaction score
I have Lollartrons in my '90 ES 335 studio (no F-holes) ebony, theyre really great pickups.

Burny FLG

Reaction score
Love Chris, love 335s and Bigsbys. Not a fan of satin and purely aesthetic that the olive doesnt photograph well under stage lights at night.

SoCal Flood

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
This has been on my want list for a while now. Nervously awaiting the price.

jlb32

Reaction score
Kind of a asshole/false advertising move by Gibson for us that bought the limited/numbered original run that was suppose to never be made again.

I play/gig mine all the time so I don't store it as a collectors item or resale value but I don't see Gibson doing re-releases of Pearly Gates, Greenie, the Beast, other CC models, hot Slash models, etc.... that many would love to buy.

IMO if they do much more of this re-release stuff many buyers will quit paying for these "LIMITED" models. Many ways to tribute Cornell without re-releasing a model that he already did with Gibson in 2013. Add in only 2 of these are going for charity.

dspelman

Reaction score
Skinny neck, Bad. Olive drab, good.
Olive drab uggerly, skinny neck good. IMHO. My 335s have fat (ish) necks, and while that doesn't prevent them from being played, I like thinner necks better. I don't think olive drab is going to age well, nor take the fashion world (guitar edition) by storm.

jlb32

Reaction score
Olive drab uggerly, skinny neck good. IMHO. My 335s have fat (ish) necks, and while that doesn't prevent them from being played, I like thinner necks better. I don't think olive drab is going to age well, nor take the fashion world (guitar edition) by storm.
Mine still looks great after 6 years of a lot of playing. Guess it depends on if you like green or not. IMO it is very unique in the Gibson 335 world. Guess that is why Gibson has tried to offer it more. They have even did some R8's in this color.

JMB1984

Premium Member
Reaction score
The original run had a black one without a bigsby, but there is no mention of another color this time.

I might be annoyed too if I had purchased it the first time around. Though it may not be worth grabbing if they increase the price like they did with the Grohl’s.

Ace1432

Reaction score
the satin olive finish looks great, complimented by the patina on the hardware

Tonemeister

Reaction score
I own two of the original run Olive drab green bigsby versions. Long story. I love this guitar. Notes just bloom and there really is so much growl and character in those pickups. I was kinda pissed they are rereleasing it until I saw a pic of the headstock which has Chris’s sig instead of the Gibson crown inlay. I think he has a great artistic signature but it cheapens the look IMO.