2019 Double Cut Special Tribute 2 P90s

Jewel the Sapphire

Reaction score
I bought the junior in september and I love it, ordered so early mine says proto in the cavity, it was sweetwaters first demo model for sale

20181017_041032.jpg

heres my other double cuts,

20181130_120937.jpg
20181130_114949.jpg

This hamer junior and raven west standard are both for sale now to make room for the next gibson dc

:fingersx:

Last edited:

Jewel the Sapphire

Reaction score
Any idea if these will have wraparound or TOM bridges?
No details as of yet of this build but lets share any info that comes forward here please!

Id like them to have just a wraparound bridge, maybe they will fix the slight tilt of the 2019 junior wraparound bridges if they do, all pickguard mounted electronics sitting in the top would be my preference aswell

It is in the 'contemporary' lineup, maybe thats what we will see-- whats your preferences?

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
No details as of yet of this build but lets share any info that comes forward here please!

Id like them to have just a wraparound bridge, maybe they will fix the slight tilt of the 2019 junior wraparound bridges if they do, all pickguard mounted electronics sitting in the top would be my preference aswell

It is in the 'contemporary' lineup, maybe thats what we will see-- whats your preferences?
I know it's not 'proper', but I like the TOM w/tailpiece. I've just grown accustomed to using the bed of strings between as a cradle for my hand. I'm sure I'd adjust, I owned an Epi '57RI Jr. and don't remember disliking the wraparound. However, as I get old and cranky, I like it how I like it. :thumb:

Jewel the Sapphire

Reaction score
Im digging it, looks like the neck pickup route would be right into the bottom of the long neck tenon. I noticed they dropped the jack plate down to the side and the toggle switch is in the jrs volume spot. Probably modern wired micro blue 223k tone cap.

Screenshot_20190119-214312.png

Really lethal in black
:mad2::rock::mad2:

Jewel the Sapphire

Reaction score
I love that design, though I like the 2015 control layout better for my playing style. It’s been my go to player since I got it.
Wish I had also picked up the burst version while they were $500 new.
Whats the nut width (inches) my SG and DC junior are both 1 11/16" but my number one LP is 1 3/4"

Liquid State

Premium Member
Reaction score
I have too many guitars and a Jr Special already, but I cant see myself not getting one of these. They look absolutely brilliant - especially in worn brown

elephantrider

Reaction score
Holy Shnikies! Is that in dark purple?? That looks badass. I've been sorta gassing for a single coil JR. lately. Probably won't be able to abstain from pulling the trigger on one of these. :naughty:
it's the blue model, and one of the best simple axes that i own. go getcha one you won't be
disappointed !