2019 Custom Shop Reissue Changes Sneak Peek!

Crotch

Support MLP Veterans & Vendors
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Picture doesn't work for me. I'll take your guys word for it.

mudface

Non-Deadbeat/Non-Prominent
Double Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not exactly the improvements that I would be hoping for. How about Honduras mahogany..... with Brazilian rosewood. Proper formula Nitro finish. I could make a longer list but those are some big ones.

JeffH66

Pelham Blue Addict
Reaction score
Isn't the Gibson inlay crooked? I'm not a huge fan of the more amber colored inlay, but if that's more historically accurate I'm on board.

PierM

Premium Member
Reaction score
Isn't the Gibson inlay crooked? I'm not a huge fan of the more amber colored inlay, but if that's more historically accurate I'm on board.
It's just the stupid text on top which is playing with your eyes. There is nothing particularly different, apart the thicker font on the silkscreen and a slightly different alignment. Just more bubbles. :)

jamman

Premium Member
Reaction score
OMG :Ohno:,,,,, I need to go back to the States I BUY 1 ASAP .....

NOT . Does nothing that players care about . IMO . I don't anyway.
But for the "collectors" it is a must have , just because it's been changed , and who knows what next year will bring ?

BTW . the Fiji Hog is about as close as you can get (on a big scale ) these days , as I understand things.
BRW (last I heard, earlier this year) was available to be had. Either by Shop special runs of doing a M2M order .... Paying for it , seems to be the problem as Gibson feels it's worth a ~ 2K upcharge.
Bend over, if you want it ,, They will give it to you :doh:

Nitro is the step which Gibson still wont do . Like Fender does today ... I guess Gibson can't figured it out .. Or doesn't want to ... maybe Offer the option for a real Nitro finish when doing a M2M order ...
not that it makes a real difference . But it is more vintage accurate and should check over time .
Some Fenders I've seen, checked while they hung on the all and even at WW , they show pics of New /unsold Fenders that have already checked .
But Still we are told ,"it can't be done". Right ..... :thumb:

mfolet

Reaction score
OMG :Ohno:,,,,, I need to go back to the States I BUY 1 ASAP .....

NOT . Does nothing that players care about . IMO . I don't anyway.
But for the "collectors" it is a must have , just because it's been changed , and who knows what next year will bring ?

BTW . the Fiji Hog is about as close as you can get (on a big scale ) these days , as I understand things.
BRW (last I heard, earlier this year) was available to be had. Either by Shop special runs of doing a M2M order .... Paying for it , seems to be the problem as Gibson feels it's worth a ~ 2K upcharge.
Bend over, if you want it ,, They will give it to you :doh:

Nitro is the step which Gibson still wont do . Like Fender does today ... I guess Gibson can't figured it out .. Or doesn't want to ... maybe Offer the option for a real Nitro finish when doing a M2M order ...
not that it makes a real difference . But it is more vintage accurate and should check over time .
Some Fenders I've seen, checked while they hung on the all and even at WW , they show pics of New /unsold Fenders that have already checked .
But Still we are told ,"it can't be done". Right ..... :thumb:
Well for some strange reason my late 2018 R8 gloss is checking around the toggle switch. So maybe.....
As far as the Les Paul logo goes didn't they do exactly that in 2015 starting with the True Historics and everybody complained.