2018 Wildwood Murphy Painted & Aged Les Paul 1959 Reissue, Murphy Burst.

Mattcran

Reaction score
**NO TRADES PLEASE**

Testing the waters on this one as I'm picking up some other hobbies this year. If you've been less-than-impressed with what's coming out of the "Murphy Lab," here's your chance to still pick up one of the originals actually hand-done by the man himself!

I consider this one to be in "near-mint relic" condition. Hasn't been played much. Bought as a collector piece. All-original and unmolested. No fret wear. Includes the original case, COA and all case candy. If you want the best, this is it! Wildwood knows how to pick them! I included a mix of dealer photos as well as my own in various lighting conditions. The top is absolutely gorgeous with some prominent, but not over-the-top gull-wing flame as well as some mineral streaking. The weight on this one is a very nice at 8 lb, 15oz with the medallion. Typical R9 neck. I've found them to be very consistent the past couple of years.

**NO TRADES** Smoke-free, Pet-free home. Shipping to ConUS lower 48 only to US based buyers with US based Bank accounts.

Looking to clear $ OFF MARKET net after shipping and any payment fees, but will listen to offers. I'm located near Cincinnati, Ohio. If you know what you're looking at, you'll know that this is a good deal. These are going to become hard to get in the future and will be the guitars to hang on to!

Last edited:

Mattcran

Reaction score
Taking a pause on this one until the Murphy-Lab marketing hype dies down and people appreciate the originals again, lol!

calieng

Reaction score
I have one of these as well and also the 2017 limited run. I saw someone trying to get $10K for a 2017. I'd gladly sell mine for that!!!

Rogueaverage616

Reaction score
Hi what are you asking for on this R9 that Tom Murphy actually touched?

calieng

Reaction score
Were you asking me or the OP? I have several Murphy guitars....

Rogueaverage616

Reaction score
Hi what are you asking for on this R9 that Tom Murphy actually touched?

Lol, i was asking the Op , on a side note i was interested when i heard of Murphy labs, until i saw the prices between $7-8 Grand for guitars that Tom didnt actually paint or age himself, but the people working for his Subdivision did.I then saw new Murphy lab guitars, that specified that Tom actually painted and aged them for $14,000 and change.

A few years ago, i almost bought a Murphy painted R9 for cheaper than what the reguler “Lab” guitars are going for now,

So free bump, for this awsome R9, and with that said, what would the price of this be

calieng

Reaction score
I am afraid prices are not going any lower. I think Gibson's business now will be to crank out cheep stuff and then boutique items and not much in between. Sure looks like a significant jump in prices lately from what Reverb and eBay sellers are asking.

I will not rain on the OPs listing and keep my price to mysell until he sells his. I am in no rush....

Good luck on the hunt.

Latest Threads