2018 R8 Value

Cygnus X-1

Reaction score
So I’m considering selling my lefty 2018 R8 cherry sunburst to fund another purchase and I’m looking for an approximate value. I may make a deal with the music shop where I would be purchasing the new piece to expedite things even though I know I’d get more if I sold it privately. Anyways I was hoping for a ballpark number-according to eBay and Reverb I can get mid to high 3k. It’s in great shape, I have all the case candy and original pups (I put a set of Slash pups in it). Thanks in advance for any info.

jaqueh

Reaction score
So I’m considering selling my lefty 2018 R8 cherry sunburst to fund another purchase and I’m looking for an approximate value. I may make a deal with the music shop where I would be purchasing the new piece to expedite things even though I know I’d get more if I sold it privately. Anyways I was hoping for a ballpark number-according to eBay and Reverb I can get mid to high 3k. It’s in great shape, I have all the case candy and original pups (I put a set of Slash pups in it). Thanks in advance for any info.
Not too familiar with how lefty pricing changes things; imagine it makes things higher. But 3.2k - 4k is usual r8 selling price. The longer you wait the closer to asking you may get.

Cygnus X-1

Reaction score
Thanks. I’m trying to post some pics but things don’t seem to be cooperating

searswashere

Reaction score
Can you put a hold on the new one so you can sell yours privately and minimize current cash outlay?

Here in Canada you're looking at around $5k give or take.

Cygnus X-1

Reaction score
Can you put a hold on the new one so you can sell yours privately and minimize current cash outlay?

Here in Canada you're looking at around $5k give or take.
I mean I could….but I feel like I may be sitting on this for a while. Not many lefties out there (I feel like)

delawaregold

_______Artie_______
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
A modified lefty...take the trade in.
You're going to get spanked anyway you go.
20 percent, 30
percept, if you are ready to move on, move on. YMMV

StubbyJ

Reaction score
Regarding loading pictures: Here's what works for me.

1. Take a screenshot of the picture: Command + V + 4. It should go to your desktop.
2. Drag the screenshot to thread post or use the paperclip/attachment Icon.

I hope this works for you.

searswashere

Reaction score
Oh right. The whole Venmo/Ticketmaster resale thing?
A shop will give you 20% or less of what they will sell it for, depending on their policy.

If you have the stock pickups, put them back in and sell the second set privately.

Cygnus X-1

Reaction score
A shop will give you 20% or less of what they will sell it for, depending on their policy.

If you have the stock pickups, put them back in and sell the second set privately.
I figured that’s what they’d take off the top
Slash pickups add no value. Put the originals back in. Sell Slash separately.
Yeah I got them. The same shop swapped them out for me- they know me there so that won’t be an issue.

mjross

Reaction score
I mean I could….but I feel like I may be sitting on this for a while. Not many lefties out there (I feel like)
Believe me, if you are selling the right guitar, leftie buyers are out there! Also, for those that think mid to high 3K is to high, they need to look at the cost of a new R8 ($5300). And to be honest, leftie R8’s are not that easy to come by.

Unless you buy a lot of guitars and have dealers that will work with you, most dealers don’t give killer deals to the man off the street unless they really need to move the merchandise! If the guitar is in excellent to mint condition, I think mid to upper 3K is the CURRENT market price. I know many wish it was less but prices are not getting any cheaper! YMMV…

Last edited:

Cygnus X-1

Reaction score
Believe me, if you are selling the right guitar, leftie buyers are out there! Also, for those that think mid to high 3K is to high, they need to look at the cost of a new R8 ($5300). And to be honest, leftie R8’s are not that easy to come by.

Unless you buy a lot of guitars and have dealers that will work with you, most dealers don’t give killer deals to the man off the street unless they really need to move the merchandise! If the guitar is in excellent to mint condition, I think mid to upper 3K is the CURRENT market price. I know many wish it was less but prices are not getting any cheaper! YMMV…

Mine was built by the CS for me so it ran $4300. I know I’m not getting more than that so if I could pocket low to mid 3’s it would be a win I think.

mjross

Reaction score
Mine was built by the CS for me so it ran $4300. I know I’m not getting more than that so if I could pocket low to mid 3’s it would be a win I think.
If the condition is right, depending on the guitar, mid 3K should be doable.

Last edited:

Cygnus X-1

Reaction score
80F5E635-203F-4229-912B-A831054BC67D_1_105_c.jpeg

Latest Threads