2018 NAMM was a BLAST!!!!

Joeydego

your mom is a nice lady
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
For real. Those of you who haven't been to NAMM, FIND A WAY. This years NAMM was absolutely off the rails. They added a hall for more pro audio and recording gear. I had a few pretty awesome things I attended including:

A very exclusive event to a private performance from Eric Johnson, with him playing his new signature thinline Fender

I got to see Eric for nothing AND 2 drinks. Freggin awesome!
Then, I was literally steps away from Richie Kotzen

Ran into Andy Timmons

Phil X

Doug Rappoport (I know my hair was a DISASTER but I really love this man)

and if this was all not enough, to wind down my last night, I went to check out my friend and master player Larry Mitchell at the Marriott lobby stage. While I was there shooting some video of him, he grabbed my camera and handed me the guitar!
Check out about 2:00 min in

Sooo, all in all, aside from pretty lousy food, we had a great time.

Crotch

Triggered
Premium Member
Reaction score
Too good. Looks like a blast

DarrellV

What's up, Doc?
Premium Member
Reaction score
Great vid! Memories! Looks like he had to get it back from you quick before you stole the show! :rofl:

defcrew

Reaction score
That's pretty funny, JD. Larry is from my town or lives here anyway. He sat in on the local jazz night with some pretty serious cats and said to me afterward, "I got up there and after a minute or so I thought, 'Man, this was a bad idea!'" They couldn't do what he does. they just have all those standards and their kajillion chord progressions Very nice gentleman!

Crotch

Triggered
Premium Member
Reaction score
Joey did you happen to see anything on this? Looks like 1 team built 1 master built?
Screenshot_20180129-215159.jpg

Joeydego

your mom is a nice lady
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Joey did you happen to see anything on this? Looks like 1 team built 1 master built? View attachment 288038
I cant say I remember this. Fender doesn't have a booth, they have an entire large room with hundreds of instruments on display. I was there for their media day on wednesday, and honestly its a feeding frenzy of retailers buying up all the custom shop stuff but its a blast. They put out a really nice spread and a full bar, too. I had already eaten prior, but years past I ate there and the grub was outstanding. Anyhow, sorry to say I dont remember seeing Blackie or the reissue of it.

RAG7890

Reaction score
Joey did you get to see / play the Bogner Goldfinger SL & Helios Eclipse?

Great pics BTW. NAMM is a blast. :thumbs:

:cheers2:

Lungo

Reaction score
I've been following your Facebook posts and enjoyed all of it. The video with Larry Mitchell is awesome!

rcole_sooner

Reaction score
I missed all the FB posts. Too many run group posts obliterating every thing else.

I'll go check his timeline. :)

Latest Threads