2018 Les Paul HP nut question

its_so_easy

Reaction score
Passed by my local shop to get some strings when I noticed a what looked like a 2018 Les Paul standard HP hanging , only thing was it had a corian nut , so I pulled it down and saw it was discounted. It was definitely and HP and it had the wider neck but looked like a factory installed standard corian nut. I love the HP line of Les Pauls so I asked the guy what the story was with this guitar, he looked it up and said it had sold over a year ago but the guy returned it because it had a defective pickup and was repaired but took over a year to get a new pickup from Gibson?! So it’s discounted price, I asked him about the nut he said he doesn’t know. I have been looking on the net but can’t find any HPs without the titanium nut , but this nut looks factory, even has lacquer on the sides , anyone’s seen and HP with a corian nut ???

pillbug

Reaction score
Haven’t seen one but that doesn’t mean they don’t exist. I did recently see a listing for a 2018 Custom Shop (forget which model) that had a nylon nut. So I asked the seller, did you install it or was it factory. He replied “I know, I was surprised it came like that!”

So just a guess, it might be a one off and/or Gibson might have been mixing/matching leftover parts in the 2018 run up to the new management hand over...?

its_so_easy

Reaction score
Ya might be , Gibson is known to do strange things . Does anyone know if or where I can get an original titanium nut??

its_so_easy

Reaction score
Need help getting a nut replacement, if anyone has be or know how I can get one let me know!! I contacted Gibson but they were no help

diogoguitar

Reaction score
do you absolutely want a titanium nut? That can be hard to find.
if the corian works, i'd stick with it

Brian N

Reaction score
Ya might be , Gibson is known to do strange things . Does anyone know if or where I can get an original titanium nut??
Not practical, I'm afraid. Those titanium ones are quite a bit longer along the plane of the strings, so if that one has a corian nut, the nut slot won't be big enough for a titanium one. That nut is made up of two pieces: a base and the titanium piece itself that touches the strings, and they're connected via the screws in the top. Stewmac makes a replacement for the top part, but no one sells the base that it screws into. Once in a while, one will pop up on Reverb, but they are becoming more and more rare as Gibson phases those nuts out. On top of that, when someone does sell one, you never know exactly what search terms will help you find their listing.

Latest Threads