2018 Historic Collection Les Pauls vs. Previous Years' Reissues

Pageburst

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole or my money, a Reissue or Historic model made by Gibson from the last 10 years. The quality and workmanship and component quality is VISIBLY lacking from previous decades. (and my shop is a authorized repair facility too). Even Gibson's for the famed years of "darkness" (late 70's) are better.

Find yourself a minty "used but loved" older one.

lol you must be one of those guys trying to unload those resonant-lacking, muddled sounding pre 2013 “good wood” Les Pauls. Lmfao.

Talk about fake news. I have a bunch of 2015 TH and later Historics and they are, by every metric, better than the earlier Historics I had. Quality, playability and most importantly tone is off the charts good. Additionally, neck shape, top carve, bout carve are finally accurate. not to mention No fret sprout, dried out streaky rosewood, thick, soft nitro finish like on some of those dead sounding early and mid 2000 Historics that I was happy to get rid of. I played Strats for 6 years because I couldn’t find a great Les Paul. I was even about to pull the trigger on a conversion when I happened upon a 2013 CC. I was like finally, a Gibson with the nuance of a Strat. 2013 and newer or bust afaic. To be fair there are good older Historics but they are much harder to find.

yeah I have an authorized repair facility too and an Authorized BS alert factory as well

Last edited:

Luboy

Reaction score
I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole or my money, a Reissue or Historic model made by Gibson from the last 10 years. The quality and workmanship and component quality is VISIBLY lacking from previous decades. (and my shop is a authorized repair facility too). Even Gibson's for the famed years of "darkness" (late 70's) are better.

no

uncle mud

Reaction score

uncle mud

Reaction score
I totally disagree. You are wrong, but entitled to your opinion.

uncle mud

Reaction score

Bad advice!

Latest Threads