2018 Gibson USA line - your expectations?

T22

Reaction score
Wont be long till they weight relieve the damn neck....

Donal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
And what are your expectations?

I expect them to be bitched about for about 6 months irrelevant of what changes are made. :laugh2:

Even if they were all exact 1953 specs with all the parts incl. the wood from 1953 (assuing someone finds a warehouse full of guitar parts :laugh2:) MLP would still not be happy (maybe except me :D)

kherman

Reaction score
With as well as the 2017 LP tribute gold top with natural back did, it would be cool to see more solid color top options.
Black top, Red top, Pelham top, yellow top, etc. All with natural backs.
Basically, a solid color top tribute line.

Last edited:

jstarr

Starr Guitar Works
Reaction score
A kickass new soft case?

170091825-case-large.jpg

No, wait... they already have these in 2017. Mine should be here next week... with a new Goldtop tucked away inside.

irocdave12

Reaction score
My #1 wish is the same every year and every year I can't understand why Gibson doesn't tap this part of the market. Seriously think about it...considering all the extra audio companies Gibson owns or has an interest in...MAKE AMPS AGAIN GIBSON!!! And make good ones! It's not that hard especially for them to get started small to test the waters with 3-5 models But I'd like a good quality new Gibson amp to go with my Gibson guitars one day

Reaction score
2018 Gibson USA line - your expectations?

More MLP posts regarding quality issues.

Al Walker

Reaction score
If they can make $900 LP Tributes, they can make a single p90 Double Cut Jr in TV Yellow for $800...

Agreed, but also, Cherry, and Double Cut Special.

PierM

Reaction score
Purple text means "sarcasm mode". :)

Joey2tone

Reaction score
Really? I have been here for a little while and never heard that. If that is true my apologies, If that is true I guess I am the moron

gball

Reaction score
Really? I have been here for a little while and never heard that. If that is true my apologies, If that is true I guess I am the moron

It's a cheeky way to goof on the corksniffers

GibsonKramer

The Three G's
Reaction score
All Gibson guitars made after 1959 are pure garbage and made with inferior tone woods and electronics. Production line models are also inferior. The only way to get an LP with the proper specs is to shell out $5,000+. Time to wake up Henry!

Dang... guess I should unload all my LPs, with the exception of the True Historic.

Though, that was made in 2015... so... :facepalm:

Doh! :io:

MichaelAndrew3435

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dang... guess I should unload all my LPs, with the exception of the True Historic.

Though, that was made in 2015... so... :facepalm:

Doh! :io:

A 2015??????? How far away are you from Miami, FL? I can almost hear the automatic turner eerily tuning your strings for you, and the glare from the Les Paul hologram blinding my poor eyes.

My hand hurts just thinking about that wide fretboard. If you live somewhere cold during the winter and run out of firewood, I think your LP may come in handy.

ajay

Reaction score
I hope You were kidding about the firewood. Are You familiar at all with the belief of, "To each his own?"
There are a whole lot of Gibsons made since '59 that I would love to have, because I belive that Your posts are Your opinions. And nothing more.

GibsonKramer

The Three G's
Reaction score
A 2015??????? How far away are you from Miami, FL? I can almost hear the automatic turner eerily tuning your strings for you, and the glare from the Les Paul hologram blinding my poor eyes.

My hand hurts just thinking about that wide fretboard. If you live somewhere cold during the winter and run out of firewood, I think your LP may come in handy.

Aha! Its a Custom Shop, 50s neck and its an ebony board, as well!

Latest Threads