2018 Gibson USA - all models, finishes and prices summary

C.J.

Reaction score
Thoman has ALL 2018 in the catalogue and they all start shipping for the end of September.

12342817.jpg

That's the only one I like from this year's models. Stick a staple in the neck and pretend you won the lottery init. :)

lvidalx

Reaction score
Well, the HP series this year is a mess. No rings? really? Why? What's the purpose of make players life more difficult? So, if you don't like those humbuckers then FU! NO UPGRADES! YOU DON'T DESERVE IT! Maybe you can do it by cutting or bending the standard humbucker feet, great solution....

I can't understand, I just can't...

cider

Reaction score
Well, the HP series this year is a mess. No rings? really? Why? What's the purpose of make players life more difficult? So, if you don't like those humbuckers then FU! NO UPGRADES! YOU DON'T DESERVE IT! Maybe you can do it by cutting or bending the standard humbucker feet, great solution....

If you're not planning to buy a guitar in the HP series, then does it really matter?

DotStudio

Reaction score

tenor.gif

Bend'n'Slide

Reaction score
I'm not blown away by next year's selection but the P90 Classics are appealing. I'd love a P90 GT... :fingersx:

On the other hand, is anyone else looking at the Pelham Blue version of the P90 Classic and thinking that the black plastic has to go and it would look sooooooooooooo much better with cream pup covers, cream pickguard & poker chip and gold or amber top hats, maybe with an amber switch tip?
Ahhhhhhhhh....
:cool2:

BenjaminW

Reaction score
2018 LP STANDARD
2018-Gibson-lp-standard-gibzone_zpskpmvvw3a.jpg

2018 LP TRADITIONAL
2018-gibson-lp-traditional-gibzone_zpsrfibzdgp.jpg

2018 LP CLASSIC
2018-gibson-lp-classic-gibzone_zpsn2notzbl.jpg

2018 LP STUDIO
2018-gibson-lp-studio-gibzone_zpsjwzgcilj.jpg

2018 LP TRIBUTE
2018-gibson-lp-tribute-gibzone_zpsjjdl2k3c.jpg

2018 LP FADED
2018-gibson-lp-studio-faded-gibzone_zpsk9kxkf1d.jpg

2018 SG STANDARD
2018-gibson-sg-standard-gibzone_zpszgydu4uu.jpg

2018 SG SPECIAL & SG FADED
2018-gibson-sg-special-faded-gibzone_zpsiex3srda.jpg

2018 FIREBIRD & FIREBIRD STUDIO
2018-gibson-firebird-standard-studio-gibzone_zpsqsxpt0px.jpg

2018 FLYING V & EXPLORER
2018-gibson-explorer-flying-v-gibzone_zpsq2yjchpi.jpg

2018 HP LP STANDARD
2018-gibson-hp-lp-standard-gibzone_zpsgnlzv2xo.jpg

2018 HP SG STANDARD
2018-gibson-hp-sg-gibzone_zpsvytjpuxf.jpg
I'm not going to lie, but I can't stand the look of those knobs on the HP LP's and SG's.

1allspub

Reaction score
I'm not going to lie, but I can't stand the look of those knobs on the HP LP's and SG's.
I'm not a particular fan of them either, but it's the same exact knobs they had on the 2017 HPs. Doesn't matter to me, I'd never buy an HP. And if, for some strange reason I did, I spend the $11 and get a proper set of gold top hats for it. No biggie.

RustyNuts

Reaction score
Isnt this years lineup more expensive than last years?

Some models are, some are about the same.

I'm not blown away by next year's selection but the P90 Classics are appealing. I'd love a P90 GT... :fingersx:

On the other hand, is anyone else looking at the Pelham Blue version of the P90 Classic and thinking that the black plastic has to go and it would look sooooooooooooo much better with cream pup covers, cream pickguard & poker chip and gold or amber top hats, maybe with an amber switch tip?
Ahhhhhhhhh....
:cool2:

I look at the "Pelham Blue" and wish it was really Pelham Blue.

Bend'n'Slide

Reaction score
I look at the "Pelham Blue" and wish it was really Pelham Blue.

Hmmmm. Yes. That too.

Maybe it's just the photos and it will look like proper PB when seen in the flesh...?

:shock:

(No, I don't believe that either)

laterider

Reaction score
Wow, the P90 Classics are killing me. After getting a GT Classic I called it done, no need for more guitars. Now this - GT, Blue, or Ebony with P90, I need to stop coming here....

Macronaut

Reaction score
Wow, the P90 Classics are killing me. After getting a GT Classic I called it done, no need for more guitars. Now this - GT, Blue, or Ebony with P90, I need to stop coming here....
Yup! It never ends. Say good goodbye to the self control you thought you had.....last year :run:

I've been done every year for a few years now :eek2:

linkpro

Reaction score
I don't know if it's the white background but these pics look extremely washed out. Not a good way to promote the vibrant new colors.

Bend'n'Slide

Reaction score
On balance, I'm still very happy that I bought a very nice '16 Trad T.

There might be a few things I wouldn't mind having if funds permitted but for general all-round "LP-ness" I've not yet seen anything in the '17 or '18 line-up that appeals to me more than what I have.

#forumwindowshopping

:fingersx:

boola1

Reaction score
Is it impossible to change the pickup height on those models without pickup rings? I couldn't live with that.

PierM

Reaction score
Is it impossible to change the pickup height on those models without pickup rings? I couldn't live with that.

Of course you can. The screws are on the back of the guitar. It's same process, just reversed.

PierM

Reaction score
wow man...have a coffee or something LOL.

Hit the first page of this thread if you have enough energy for a click. :thumb:

Latest Threads