2018 Gibson USA - all models, finishes and prices summary

irocdave12

Reaction score
Haha, you couldnt be more right. This is entertaining. Just seeing such a bias towards a spesific brand just because they came up with it. Just curious, would it be ok owning a chibson without gibson logo on it? If no, go tell that to all the other LP knockoffs. If yes, thats even funnier. As i have said, my first LP experience was a chibson. The name does sound cheap and with the glance information you get off the internet you cannot help but assume the name fits the product. I also thought so, but out of curiousity, i got myself one. As i have said, there are flaws, but nearly out of the box (with few action and intonation adjustments) it doesnt sound that much more different from a traditional (that is a 2017 model). I just find it very ignorant to be biased to a brand that doesnt really give a shit about its customers as long as they pay. If you just assume all chibsons are bad guitars just out of their reputation, than i can say the same about gibsons. The recent year reports of gibson quality controll have been quite devastating. Sure, its maybe better now, but you still find people complaining about their Gibsons having some major factory flaws out of the box.

So, go ahead and accuse me of IP theft, ill take it on myself, but if you say that chinese arent capable of making good knockoffs, you are full of shit.

Also, somebody mentioned my grammar, its never been my strong side as english aint my native tongue.
I think we've identified one of guys that goes to GC just to dent and ding the Gibsons never able to buy one but might splurge for a pack of decent strings for his counterfeit. Hopefully if he keeps mowing those lawns and expands his paper route and saves his pennies he'll be able to buy a Tribute and then be able to come back here and talk sensibly with the grownups

disaffected

Reaction score
Dawis- you are new but every thread I see you on,you are talking Chibson. Even in one on a BC Rich. No one cares how much you like a Chibson since it is a counterfeit.

Juan Wayne

Reaction score
I can't believe people are feeding the 1/4"-above-the-12th-fret Chibson troll!

Leave it alone and back under its bridge it'll go. It's just messing with people, pretending to be a proverbially stupid cunt. Come on MLP, you know better.

Les Paul Newb

Reaction score
I guess i sound mixed up because im tryna damage controll for all the triggered Gibson LP elitists. I dont regret getting my chibson, but at the same time i have tried out the 2017 standard, traditional and classic LP and overall i would perfer those. But as for this year, the guitars look ugly af. Im sure they play like a normal LP, but looks wise, i would pick my chibson over most of the 2018 LPs. Nothing mixed up here.

Edit: ok u edited ur comment so i gotta edit mine now. Ok, if u were talking about the traditional line, i agree, they are the only normal ones. But as for the rest of the 2018 lineup, im dissapointed. And by mother of toilet i mean the white plastic inlays. If anybody says the gold print on logo on the headstock looks better than the toilet inlay, they are full of shit IMO. Anyways, as i said, traditionals have the best looks.

What are you talking about? What was edited?

bluesondoor

Reaction score
I guess i sound mixed up because im tryna damage controll for all the triggered Gibson LP elitists. I dont regret getting my chibson, but at the same time i have tried out the 2017 standard, traditional and classic LP and overall i would perfer those. But as for this year, the guitars look ugly af. Im sure they play like a normal LP, but looks wise, i would pick my chibson over most of the 2018 LPs. Nothing mixed up here.

You can say that people here are "triggered" but... you're the one playing a Chinese knock-off at the end of the day while the rest of them are playing Gibsons. Just remember that Chibsons are made (*with the cheapest materials possible) to fool people. It seems it worked since you were deluded into actually thinking you have a quality guitar for the $85 you spent.

LtDave32

I'm walkin' on sunshine
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Haha, you couldnt be more right. This is entertaining. Just seeing such a bias towards a spesific brand just because they came up with it. Just curious, would it be ok owning a chibson without gibson logo on it? If no, go tell that to all the other LP knockoffs. If yes, thats even funnier. As i have said, my first LP experience was a chibson. The name does sound cheap and with the glance information you get off the internet you cannot help but assume the name fits the product. I also thought so, but out of curiousity, i got myself one. As i have said, there are flaws, but nearly out of the box (with few action and intonation adjustments) it doesnt sound that much more different from a traditional (that is a 2017 model). I just find it very ignorant to be biased to a brand that doesnt really give a shit about its customers as long as they pay. If you just assume all chibsons are bad guitars just out of their reputation, than i can say the same about gibsons. The recent year reports of gibson quality controll have been quite devastating. Sure, its maybe better now, but you still find people complaining about their Gibsons having some major factory flaws out of the box.

So, go ahead and accuse me of IP theft, ill take it on myself, but if you say that chinese arent capable of making good knockoffs, you are full of shit.

Also, somebody mentioned my grammar, its never been my strong side as english aint my native tongue.

Obviously not your native tongue, because you entirely missed the rules about promoting Chinese fakes.

We don't trade in that here. Not even a little bit.

Well another mod took good care of you already, so for the month of September find a nice river to canoe down, using your plywood chibby as a paddle.

cider

Reaction score
I wish zzounds would take pictures of all their inventory like Sweetwater does. They usually have some cool exclusive models, but I want to be able to pick a LP based on its weight, given how notoriously heavy they are

TheWelder

Reaction score
I wish zzounds would take pictures of all their inventory like Sweetwater does. They usually have some cool exclusive models, but I want to be able to pick a LP based on its weight, given how notoriously heavy they are

I agree - this is why I don't buy expensive guitars from online big box retailers. If I'm going to spend hundreds to potentially thousands on a guitar I want to be able to see photos of the specific one I'm getting. I also want weight and neck profile specs.

These online music warehouses should take a page from Sweetwater and Wildwood and hire someone to take photos of their middle to high budget axes.

RustyNuts

Reaction score

I agree - this is why I don't buy expensive guitars from online big box retailers. If I'm going to spend hundreds to potentially thousands on a guitar I want to be able to see photos of the specific one I'm getting. I also want weight and neck profile specs.

These online music warehouses should take a page from Sweetwater and Wildwood and hire someone to take photos of their middle to high budget axes.

Zzzzounds and American Musical are the same company, and AMS does post pictures of the higher prices stuff, usually $1500 or so up, if there is any difference in the tops. Sometimes they do on the solid colors as well.

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a high possibility I will buy the goldtop p90 classic the moment for Christmas...

It's the perfect guitar..
And if history is an indicator it will be under $2k

-Chris

cider

Reaction score
Zzzzounds and American Musical are the same company, and AMS does post pictures of the higher prices stuff, usually $1500 or so up, if there is any difference in the tops. Sometimes they do on the solid colors as well.

I know. For some reasons they never weighted or took pictures of the Classic Lite they had a while back. I chatted with customer support and he said something like "well they're all going to be pretty light."

What if I want to pick out the one with a nice fretboard? "They're all rosewood so they'll be kind of the same"

Yeah I'm not going to drop $2000 on that guitar based on that guy's nonchalant attitude

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know. For some reasons they never weighted or took pictures of the Classic Lite they had a while back. I chatted with customer support and he said something like "well they're all going to be pretty light."

What if I want to pick out the one with a nice fretboard? "They're all rosewood so they'll be kind of the same"

Yeah I hate their customer support

I bought a guitar from them earlier this year and they emailed me saying it was sold already...

I said ok and bought it elsewhere...

2 months later zzsounds ran a $3k charge on my card and it took me 2 days and about 50 phones calls to get them to fix it...
They said "oh, we assumed you wanted it when we got it in"
I had cancellation emails and it still was almost impossible to get it done..

They hung up on me multiple times....and I can say this without reservation that I am a southerner and very polite...
There was no reason for them to be so difficult..
Along with Amex I was able to get it cancelled...

Needless to say I doubt I will ever deal from them again...

-Chris

Cjsinla

Reaction score
There is a high possibility I will buy the goldtop p90 classic the moment for Christmas...

It's the perfect guitar..
And if history is an indicator it will be under $2k

-Chris
It's already under 2K ($1999).

Latest Threads