2018 Gibson Les Paul 1958 reissue Custom shop historic R8, 58 (No longer for sale)

kingsxman

Reaction score
Back up for is my 2018 Gibson 58 reissue Les Paul in Royal Tea burst, light aging. The guitar has a VERY vintage looking top. Neck is a bit chunkier than an R9, but not as chunky as pre-2013 R8's. Very comfortable. Only mods are both volume pots have been replaced with RS Guitar works super pots. (Originals included). All the case candy is there and case is like new (never used at gigs). More specs:
weight: 8 lbs 11 oz
Pickup: neck 7.96 k
Pickup: Bridge: 7.98 k

The guitar is in very good to excellent condition. It has the normal light pick marks you would see on every guitar and some very small indents on the back from normal playing. One very small indent on the top (hard to get picture). The biggest issue is that there is some discoloration on the binding (and slightly on the top) in one spot where a stage shirt of mine must have rubbed off into the binding. (Shown in pics) Unsure if it can be wetsanded out or not....but hence the great price for a guitar this good.

More pics here:
http://members.goldengate.net/jgermann/For sale/R8/

$3250 shipped and paypaled.

Only trade I'd be interested in is Les Paul replica's.

Attachments

• r8-outside.jpg
    r8-outside.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 391
  • top-bench.jpg
    top-bench.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 408
  • R8-case.jpg
    R8-case.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 343
  • R8-casecandy.jpg
    R8-casecandy.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 298
  • R8-close2.jpg
    R8-close2.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 435
  • R8-wall-close.jpg
    R8-wall-close.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 276
  • top.jpg
    top.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 443
  • binding.jpg
    binding.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:

RobertD

Reaction score
Does it have any checking and is the case aged?
Thanks

RobertD

Reaction score
Thanks. You said lightly aged and i was hoping it did

kingsxman

Reaction score
Sorry. Light aging on mainly the hardware. Overall the finish is vos so it looks aged. But no checking...

Last edited:

StubbyJ

Reaction score
I've played this guitar and it's a good one. Great seller thus buy with confidence.

lpfan1980

Reaction score
Back up for is my 2018 Gibson 58 reissue Les Paul in Royal Tea burst, light aging. The guitar has a VERY vintage looking top. Neck is a bit chunkier than an R9, but not as chunky as pre-2013 R8's. Very comfortable. Only mods are both volume pots have been replaced with RS Guitar works super pots. (Originals included). All the case candy is there and case is like new (never used at gigs). More specs:
weight: 8 lbs 11 oz
Pickup: neck 7.96 k
Pickup: Bridge: 7.98 k

The guitar is in very good to excellent condition. It has the normal light pick marks you would see on every guitar and some very small indents on the back from normal playing. One very small indent on the top (hard to get picture). The biggest issue is that there is some discoloration on the binding (and slightly on the top) in one spot where a stage shirt of mine must have rubbed off into the binding. (Shown in pics) Unsure if it can be wetsanded out or not....but hence the great price for a guitar this good.

More pics here:
http://members.goldengate.net/jgermann/For sale/R8/

$3250 shipped and paypaled.

Only trade I'd be interested in is Les Paul replica's.
Lovely Lester thanks for the photos.

kingsxman

Reaction score
Mods, please pull this. I've decided to keep it and sell something else.

Latest Threads