2018 Gibson Brazilian Les Paul Standard Thread

Pappy58

Reaction score
These cases came with True Historic guitars in years past, and also with some of the aged Reissues. They're more "vintage correct" which in this case means they offer less protection than the other Lifton brown cases that I think still come with regular Standards. During shipping they get stuffed with foam for more protection.
And they dont smell like vanilla perfume. At least mine didn't!

mrfett

Gibson AF
Premium Member
Reaction score
so after a few weeks of looking at replicas and then getting (and returning) a "Gabby", I decided to just relent and try one of these new-fangled Brazilian things all the kids are raving about:

Has a nice dark board with a red streak towards the top:

You guys better not be pulling my leg about these being sweet lol :slash:

Crotch

Triggered
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
You did good there. One of the nicer ones I've seen imo.

mrfett

Gibson AF
Premium Member
Reaction score
thanks Andy, hoping it's that cool in person! there are a lot of purdy ones i've seen floating around, but I tend to like them a little more unique.

Also, it's the same color as my R8 so I can sell that, get this... no hassles lol :slash:

Last edited:

cnote

Reaction score
Love it - wait til you see the finish in person. I like it better than the True Historics I had. Gibson is doing a great job on the VOS finishes these days - looks and feels vintage.
But if you're like me, you'll love the tone so much you'll do whatever it takes to keep it.

RAG7890

Reaction score
thanks Andy, hoping it's that cool in person! there are a lot of purdy ones i've seen floating around, but I tend to like them a little more unique.

Also, it's the same color as my R8 so I can sell that, get this... no hassles lol :slash:
HNGD Paul. :thumbs: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Cheers, Rudi

rockinlespaul

Oxblood Addict
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Braz tone.....

Sounded great! So that's braz tone meaning you can't get that same tone from any of those killer historics you have that doesn't have braz? I find that hard to believe lol.

Seriously... great tone. Beautiful guitar as well!

oasis02

Reaction score
Gratuitous looking-down shot...the only one I've got so far that captures the actual flame patterns. The color still isn't quite as I see it, but this isn't bad.

This guitar reminds me of an un-aged "Nicky" in the looks department, but the neck (less clubby) and tone (less treble-y)are more suitable to me.
View media item 105175

Crotch

Triggered
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gratuitous looking-down shot...the only one I've got so far that captures the actual flame patterns. The color still isn't quite as I see it, but this isn't bad.

This guitar reminds me of an un-aged "Nicky" in the looks department, but the neck (less clubby) and tone (less treble-y)are more suitable to me.
View media item 105175
Looks great dude. Congrats!

jhs77

Reaction score

View media item 105175
So funny you say that. When I was playing your guitar Saturday, Vince Gill happened to be in the shop. I was talking with him about bursts and that’s exactly what I said to him as well...that the color and flame pattern on yours reminded me of Nicky. Thought you’d like to know that Vince Gill thought highly of your guitar :) I’ve got one coming Thursday from HOG or I would have beat you to the punch on that one. Seriously a killer guitar...I love that Carmelita neck profile. Congrats!!

cnote

Reaction score
What is the color of your guitar called? If it's "Golden Pop" it is the faded Nicky color that Gibson used on the CCs. The owner of Nicky posted this pic on another forum - an old pic pre-fade and a newer one after the fade.. The old pic is too dark overall, but you get the idea -there used to be some cherry there. Your top certainly has this vibe.

Last edited:

oasis02

Reaction score
"Vince Gill happened to be in the shop. I was talking with him about bursts and that’s exactly what I said to him as well...that the color and flame pattern on yours reminded me of Nicky. Thought you’d like to know that Vince Gill thought highly of your guitar :)".

Ooh, the Vince Gill thing is cool...and spooky. I just got this two weeks ago, completely unintentional as the guitar I ventured-to-buy sold 10 minutes prior to my arrival...after sitting in the shop for a year. Three of these (1pc Ash relic 50's Tele) arrived at the Music Gallery a day prior to my visit:
View media item 105225
"The Braz CME compares favorably to the CC?"

In my opinion, YES by a vast margin. The Nicky was a very short affair for me. I loved the look, but did not love the neck profile or the tone; which had an abnormal amount of treble attached. I've never heard that in in LP before or since. It was a trade deal, and I wanted to try it.

Crotch

Triggered
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
CME #27 Green Lemon

Very Nice TG. Just curious. Do the CME Braz's have a CME Serial Number? Not that it matters to me, just curious......