2018 Gibson Brazilian Les Paul Standard Thread

PermissionToLand

Reaction score
I’m confused. Have posts with pictures been removed here? I no longer see the faded burst that at least I thought I was referring to. Weird. I think the flow of color on some leaves a lot to be desired.

https://twitter.com/customgibson/status/965721432780046336

Left: Absolutely stunning and beautiful.
Right: Odd and unnatural.

Hit and miss right there for me.
Why did you link me there?! Now I'm having a GAS crisis like never before in my life... YOU BASTARD!

Dilver

Reaction score
Not sure how long Gibson's stash will last. I'll be the first to admit it's not vintage correct even still, but here is a 2018 Gibson Brazilian LP Standard, a Wildwood Spec VOS version with a dark back, a decent pickup ring/fingerboard gap, and a color called Golden Pop - I'm told this is short for "golden poppy," and is the color used in the Nicky CC run. 8.4 lbs, 0.85-0.97 neck with slim shoulders. Best sounding reissue I've had yet. Please show and tell.

Lacquered Case:
That’s the best looking Les Paul I’ve seen in a long time. It’s the kind of guitar that becomes legendary. Post more pics so I can just stare at it.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
Wait, I didn't think Gibson had put out any good guitars since Norlin...

Beautiful guitars.

RAG7890

Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Another angle - you get the idea. In person, the back is even darker than my old True Historic Darkburst - almost black on the sides in spots.
View media item 104845Gibson is, on specs, making better Les Pauls today than they have in over 50 years. But I'm a big believer in tone wood, and that's a crap shoot in any mass-produced guitar. Some Les Pauls are going to honk, some are going to cry, some are going to scream, some are going to boom. And some are going to just plink. This one is more in the honk category.
I also believe the Fiji-grown S. Macrophylla is going to be different than Belize/British Honduras-grown S. Macrophylla just due to difference in growing conditions- soil, elevation, climate, and how crowded the trees are. But at least it's the right species.
.................I prefer the larger version. ;) :D

Cheers, Rudi

lpthomas

Reaction score
No, it's just from the Custom Shop twitter account that somebody linked to. I had no idea they were finally making guitars to order. Now, to rob a bank... - I mean, dive into honest work like a good citizen!
Finally? They've been doing it for years now :cheers:

dwk302

Reaction score
Absolutely stunning. I love everything about that guitar! Nice find!

bulletproof

aka tarddoggy
Premium Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
2018 Braz

Not sure how long Gibson's stash will last. I'll be the first to admit it's not vintage correct even still, but here is a 2018 Gibson Brazilian LP Standard, a Wildwood Spec VOS version with a dark back, a decent pickup ring/fingerboard gap, and a color called Golden Pop - I'm told this is short for "golden poppy," and is the color used in the Nicky CC run. 8.4 lbs, 0.85-0.97 neck with slim shoulders. Best sounding reissue I've had yet. Please show and tell.

Lacquered Case:
Man, I would love to play these two!! Hot damn!!!

lpthomas

Reaction score
How long? Because for the longest time, I swear they wouldn't do it.
Interesting. I was mainly referring to the Made 2 Measure program, which has been around for a few years at least. Their Facebook picture feed is full of one-off custom-made models going back to 2014. I would assume they always did some one-offs for artists anyway, maybe also for customers? Interesting question..

PermissionToLand

Reaction score
Interesting. I was mainly referring to the Made 2 Measure program, which has been around for a few years at least. Their Facebook picture feed is full of one-off custom-made models going back to 2014. I would assume they always did some one-offs for artists anyway, maybe also for customers? Interesting question..
Man, 2014 is already four years ago, huh? It's my understanding that customers could not order one-offs before this program. IDK if artists even could, without being asked to make a signature model.

spoony

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
The top on the ops guitar has everything I've been looking for in an R0 slim neck lp. Magnificent!

S

Crotch

Support MLP Veterans & Vendors
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard how many Braz will be made? This just a 2018 thing ?