2018 Gibson Brazilian Les Paul Standard Thread

John Dewey

Reaction score
Cool, I hear a lot of talk about guitars that weigh a lot less so tbh I wasn't sure about that. Thanks for weighing in on that.

John Dewey

Reaction score
Thanks you guys. Curt said I can expect that the colour will be a lighter shade of yellow. I like the way it looks in the pictures but a bit more like lemon would be cool. I wish they had shown the board in the pictures. Here's one more.
LPR59PSL12178B        #98170     v4.jpg

John Dewey

Reaction score
Wow, I'm really glad you got that straightened out. I'm surprised by this. I'm praying I don't see anything like this on mine.:eek2:

Thanks for the great pictures!

L5man

Reaction score
Not sure how long Gibson's stash will last. I'll be the first to admit it's not vintage correct even still, but here is a 2018 Gibson Brazilian LP Standard, a Wildwood Spec VOS version with a dark back, a decent pickup ring/fingerboard gap, and a color called Golden Pop. 8.4 lbs, 0.85-0.97 neck with slim shoulders. Best sounding reissue I've had yet. Please show and tell.

Lacquered Case:
Very very nice. Does anyone have an opinion about how these 2018 Brazilians compare to the run of Brazilian Historics that Gibson did in 2003?

rockinlespaul

Oxblood Addict
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Not sure how long Gibson's stash will last. I'll be the first to admit it's not vintage correct even still, but here is a 2018 Gibson Brazilian LP Standard, a Wildwood Spec VOS version with a dark back, a decent pickup ring/fingerboard gap, and a color called Golden Pop. 8.4 lbs, 0.85-0.97 neck with slim shoulders. Best sounding reissue I've had yet. Please show and tell.

Lacquered Case:
That looks absolutely beautiful! Congrats!

Last edited:

vintageguitarz

Reaction score
Absolutely Gorgeous.
But lets also be reminded that Gibson has completely forgotten what an accurate "Vintage Reissue" is in their quest to pump out as many guitars as possible.

DanD

Reaction score
The bent bridge posts could be from shipping damage.

I thought the practice of 'hammering' the notches in the bridge saddles had been abandoned. :hmm:

RAG7890

Premium Member
Reaction score
The bent bridge posts could be from shipping damage.

I thought the practice of 'hammering' the notches in the bridge saddles had been abandoned. :hmm:
Nope, no way that happened from shipping...............the posts have crimp marks from pliers.

Not the first time I have seen this.

C did a great repair job though & it led to an improvement using Mark's Creamtone parts.

:cheers2:

Last edited:

landguitar

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Both the lemon and the cherry are just awesome. Although I am not a huge lemon fan, that top has it all - grain, grain spots, and a great burst! Wowza! The cherry on top is the Braz board; I wish I could make the numbers work for that! I AM very happy for you - happy wonderful NGD! All 3 of the posted ones!

jlb32

Reaction score
Can’t help wondering with the 03 braz grains varied a lot, why are all the braz on 17/18 so black and hardly any grains.
The 17/18's vary some also but I think Gibson is more concerned with the quality with this run than they were in the '03 run of Brazilians.

RAG7890

Premium Member
Reaction score
The 17/18's vary some also but I think Gibson is more concerned with the quality with this run than they were in the '03 run of Brazilians.
.........say what? Sorry I don’t agree re the Quality comment if you’re referring to the BRW used jlb. :)

:cheers2:

Last edited: