2018 Gibson Brazilian Les Paul Standard Thread

RAG7890

Reaction score
Freaking awesome mate, as you know. ;)

Best Les Paul I have seen bar none for the last 2 years.

Slays all the others by a living mile. No contest :thumbs: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

HNGD, enjoy her in good health.

Cheers, Rudi.

JeffH66

Pelham Blue Addict
Reaction score
I have seen some amazing guitars since I've been hanging around here, but your guitar ticks every single box for me and then some. I wouldn't just give the left one to own that, I'd give the right one as well and a kidney. I can do without all of those items at this point in my life.... especially for a guitar like that.

Congratulations.

Crotch

Triggered
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
One of the nicest ones yet

StubbyJ

Reaction score
Geez, the guitars Gibby has been putting out including these are so impressive. The OP's guitar is just outstanding. Good for you my man, good for you.

Olli

Reaction score
The top on the first one is off the charts beautiful.

Loving it.

DrSte31n

Reaction score
This is very interesting to me. The first guitar top doesn’t do anything for me (don’t get me wrong, it’s a beautiful guitar!) and I wouldn’t buy it. The second one I’d buy on the spot without thinking.

Both terrific guitars, I’m sure. Congratulations.

Would you mind posting a pic of the headstock? I’m curious about the color of the Gibson “logo”. Thank you!

DrSte31n

Reaction score
Thank you for posting! Yeah, the lack of that amber-ish color in the headstock logo and binding is something I don’t like about 2018. But it’s not a deal breaker by any means. And yours has a dark back that I really dig, instead of the new 2018 faded back color.

Again, beautiful guitar. Hope you enjoy it in good health. Thanks for posting!

JeffH66

Pelham Blue Addict
Reaction score
I think both are beautiful and I would be over the moon to own either, but the first one makes me weak in the knees, like a little schoolgirl. My dream has always been a 59' RI with the perfect faded HCSB, but since I've been seeing all of these black streaky minerally, flecky lemon and dirty lemon finishes, I must admit to being smitten. They have changed my dream of what the perfect 59' is.

Herr Dalbergia

Reaction score
What happens to this guitar paint job? The employee ran out of paint and decided to not continue his work?
Naaaaa...already Friday and we are valid anyhow......

Never seen an old Burst with such a stop and go in the Burst paint at the permittier. Not my Coup of tea....