2017 Tokai ULS130F

ThePanda

Reaction score
Well, I traded the R8 with cash my way and there’s nothing to say other than it was a great journey to collect the guitar and meet the previous owner, a true gent, and as for the guitar it’s simply awesome, I’m astounded at how good this thing is, I’m not feeling Gibson custom shop loss or remorse at all. The R8 was a great guitar, but for what this TOKAI is it is simply fantastic. Only thing it doesn’t have is the smell

View attachment 476980 View attachment 476981 View attachment 476982
That's awesome! The Tokai looks amazing!

But what smell??

brokentoeswalker

Reaction score
Looks awesome !! Congrats.

I see that it has the open book headstock without the UK dimple. That means it's a regular LS model and should be easier to figure out model numbers etc if you still care.

Burty459

Reaction score
That's awesome! The Tokai looks amazing!

But what smell??
Thanks, it’s a great guitar! The smell I mean is that Gibson nitro smell, I didn’t believe in it but it’s definitely there, I even had my wife smelling the Tokai and the R9 to ensure I wasn’t going mad

Burty459

Reaction score
Looks awesome !! Congrats.

I see that it has the open book headstock without the UK dimple. That means it's a regular LS model and should be easier to figure out model numbers etc if you still care.
Thanks, it is the open book style but it came originally from a shop in the UK called Richards Guitars, I found a post saying it was one of three “as good as it gets” hand selected models. His original listing had it pegged as the ULS130F. I’ll always care what they are as I like to know these things, but in terms of knowing if it’s any good and a good trade, it is, and now I’m not concerned.

Latest Threads