2017 Gibson Les Paul - no "2017 model" headstock stamp

kimir

Reaction score
Hi everyone, recently bought a 2017 Gibson les paul traditional. I noticed that the back of the headstock doesn't have the usual "2017 model" stamped below "made in USA". The serial number and the "made in USA" stamp is there though. I noticed however that all other 2017 gibsons except mine have the stamp. What gives? I bought the guitar from a reputable big box music chain in Canada so it can't be fake, right? It was marked as a b-stock though, so maybe that's the reason why it's a b-stock?

gcbike

Reaction score
I thought gibson destroyed b stocks

Malchik

Reaction score
Maybe they dropped it. I found all the stamps cluttered and somewhat redundant.

sasquatch

Reaction score
My new 2017 Les Paul Tribute isn't marked
'Made In USA 2017' either.
Just marked 'Made In USA'
Received it in April.
The guitar itself couldn't be any better

Last edited:

JMB1984

Reaction score
I have seen this on exclusive and limited runs. The "2017 model" stamp has to do with the specs for the guitar. The ones I have seen without the stamp have unique specs that vary from the regular run for the year. Could be the color, pickups etc... Any chance yours is some type of exclusive or limited run?

Last edited:

kimir

Reaction score
I have seen this on exclusive and limited runs. The "2017 model" stamp has to do with the specs for the guitar. The ones I have seen without the stamp have unique specs that vary from the regular run for the year. Could be the color, pickups etc... Any chance yours is some type of exclusive or limited run?

Actually, it is a limited run Tobacco sunburst finish. I believe it's not a standard colour for 2017

cherrysunburst00

TUBE AMP JUNKIE FOR LIFE BAD ASS
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mighty Fine Fiddle you got there. CONGRATS!!

JMB1984

Reaction score
Actually, it is a limited run Tobacco sunburst finish. I believe it's not a standard colour for 2017

Well that solves that! There are limited run tobaccos with big dealers in the USA that also do not have the 2017 Model Stamp.

JMB1984

Reaction score
Ask and ye shall receive :)

I added the pickguard and pokerchip. To me, she just looked weird without them.

Beautiful finish! Does this by chance have the 57 classics instead of the burstbuckers? Either way, I hope it plays and sounds great!

kimir

Reaction score
Beautiful finish! Does this by chance have the 57 classics instead of the burstbuckers? Either way, I hope it plays and sounds great!
It has burstbuckers on them. I think I prefer it over the 57 classics, it sounds and plays great!

Latest Threads