2017 Chinese Combat Ration

HearHear

Reaction score
It’s about dinner time so I thought I’d post more of Steve’s military ration samplings. This time, he’s diving into a 2017 Chinese 24 hour combat ration. This guy has eaten authentic rations from Civil War hardtack, to World War 1 and 2 rations, Vietnam War, different countries, etc... Enjoy:

DADGAD

Reaction score
I went on a binge watching Steve1989’s channel. Pretty amazing he hasn’t been hospitalized too many times, but Inthink he’s developed a keen taste for what is old vs. what is spoiled.

Malikon

He got joo joo eyeballs
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
So that's what they'll eat when they take over the world with the economy we gave them!

Neat!

MikeyTheCat

Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s about dinner time so I thought I’d post more of Steve’s military ration samplings. This time, he’s diving into a 2017 Chinese 24 hour combat ration. This guy has eaten authentic rations from Civil War hardtack, to World War 1 and 2 rations, Vietnam War, different countries, etc... Enjoy:

I watched that last night, what the hell is wrong with us?

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
For anyone who ever dined al fresco on C-rats, MREs were a big step up.
My era of service, I got both. I was in to experience the venerable B 2 Unit, and the transition to MRE's.

C Rat beef stew, chicken a'la king, spaghetti and meat sauce, turkey, etc etc were not that bad. Sort of like the Chef Boyardee stuff you get in the store.

Except the infamous Ham and LIma Beans in Juices. That was soo bad. Unbelievable. BO stink. Foul, foul, foul.

I've ranted about it before on these pages.

MikeyTheCat

Premium Member
Reaction score
My era of service, I got both. I was in to experience the venerable B 2 Unit, and the transition to MRE's.

C Rat beef stew, chicken a'la king, spaghetti and meat sauce, turkey, etc etc were not that bad. Sort of like the Chef Boyardee stuff you get in the store.

Except the infamous Ham and LIma Beans in Juices. That was soo bad. Unbelievable. BO stink. Foul, foul, foul.

I've ranted about it before on these pages.
Making rations was one of Chef B’s gigs.