2017 Brazilian R9s

RAG7890

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics Ben.

HNGD’s x 2. :D

Cheers, Rudi.

P. S. Re CD, the Legal paperwork for Wood Export / Import is not what I’d call rocket science for this you might be wondering.

jlb32

Reaction score
I do think it is great that Gibson is bringing these Brazilian rosewood fretboard runs out. IMO, it is about time they did it.

I think my Indian rosewood boards look just as good or better though and as I personally am not worried about historically accurate, just tone and playability, then I'm happy both ways and super happy for the guys that love and bought one from this run of Brazilian.

jlb32

Reaction score
I strongly agree with this. Going from the roumor of no CS LPs this year to that is incredible. I‘m happy many members here bought them and I‘m really enjoying the pictures.

There‘s no need for negativity around these.

Gibson needs the Custom Shop. For me, they‘re the best example of that.
Never heard the rumor of no Custom Shop guitars. Just the rumor of no more Historic Reissues, which has turned out to be true.

Gibson isn't calling any of these guitars Reissues anymore, even though they are the same thing other than name, they are calling them Standards.

jlb32

Reaction score
Surprised no one has snagged the Wildwood Burst Brazilian yet. It looks pretty damn nice IMO.

jlb32

Reaction score
Congrats!!! The one WW still has looks great also IMO.

Wonder why the '60 is higher priced? IMO it doesn't look as good top wise as the Wildwood Burst '59 in stock.

richie6

Reaction score
to each his own . I think the 60 looks killer top wise and the FULL cherry burst finish is
awesome

Crotch

Triggered
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats!!! The one WW still has looks great also IMO.

Wonder why the '60 is higher priced? IMO it doesn't look as good top wise as the Wildwood Burst '59 in stock.
Couple thousand upcharge for reflectors....:run:

abracadaben

Reaction score
I already find the 59 necks pretty thin... 60s taper... I can't... but I really like the looks of these.

Clint

Reaction score
Looks like you got the one with the nicest top. A real beauty. Congrats!

winexprt

Reaction score
:eek:

I’m generally a fan of aged guitars, but those aged guitars are what gives aged guitars a bad name, IMHO.

Frank
Couldn't agree more. Looks like a 12 year old went to town on it.

RAG7890

Reaction score
:eek:

I’m generally a fan of aged guitars, but those aged guitars are what gives aged guitars a bad name, IMHO.

Frank
Totally agree Frank. :thumbs:

There is aged & there is bogus aged.

As a matter of fact, looking at badly aged Guitars, ages me considerably. ;)

Cheers, Rudi.