2016 Studio, 2016 Studio Faded, or Epiphone Tribute Plus

rjshare

Reaction score
Look up Gibson Studio Fadeds on the bay. Look up Trib +. They go for about the same cash today. They sold for about the same new.

Sure, and we'll check again in five years, and then in another five...

Lightningflash

Reaction score
Why spend $1500 on a Studio when you could buy all 3 of these guitars used?!?!?!

Honestly, if you can spend $1500 then spend a couple more bucks and buy one of these or buy a used Standard.

ON SALE
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro III EX Electric Guitar Wine Red
YOUR PRICE:$1,69900

1allspub

Reaction score
I used to have an Epi Trib+... really a great guitar, best bang for the buck in the LP world (Gibson or Epi). BUT... it did have a very skinny neck (too skinny for me). Maybe mine's neck was just especially skinny, who knows (I'm more of a chunky neck guy).

The Studio Faded seems like an awesome deal as well... and with a thicker neck would probably be my choice of the three the OP listed. The Studio does seem kinda pricey this year.

That said... the OP should really look into the 2016 50s Tribute T. Les Paul '50s Tribute 2016 T I'd get that over any of these listed here probably.

Available in Gold top or Honey Burst or Vintage Burst or Ebony... with a 59ish neck? Yeah, I like that better than the original three listed... but that's just me.

rjshare

Reaction score
Why spend $1500 on a Studio when you could buy all 3 of these guitars used?!?!?!

Honestly, if you can spend $1500 then spend a couple more bucks and buy one of these or buy a used Standard.

ON SALE
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro III EX Electric Guitar Wine Red
YOUR PRICE:$1,69900

see post #10.

ScottMarlowe

Reaction score
Sure, and we'll check again in five years, and then in another five...
A lot of the studio fadeds are 5 or more years old. Keep frakking that chickin tho.

Note if you're buying any of these three guitars as an "investment" you need to talk to your stock broker. At least pick something rare if that's the case.

rjshare

Reaction score
No one is talking about investing, there is a big difference between buying to make a profit and limiting your losses - or at least being aware of what they could be - if you should ever decide to sell. It's a point to consider, that's all.

Frakking chicken? :dunno:

Latest Threads