2016 LP Classic verification help

Foreverstrung

Reaction score
I just purchase a 2016 Goldtop Classic on Reverb for about $2100. In researching these, I believe
LP Classic wiring harness.jpg
there supposed to have a push/pull pot, (not that I'm interested in that), but mine does not have one. I need to confirm that this actually is a Classic. The truss rod cover says Classic, but that doesn't make it so. Nowhere online am I finding a classic with no P/P pot. Can you guys help verify? I'm going to attempt to attach a photo of the wiring harness.
Thx

Musha Ring

Reaction score
Long & McQuade did an exclusive run of Les Paul Classics in 2016 that were not available to other vendors. I believe they did not have push pulls. This could be one of those models. They came in cherry sunburst, gold, and iced tea. If I remember correctly they had zebra 57 classics.

Can we see more pics? Also, just email Gibson the serial. They're good at responding quickly.

Foreverstrung

Reaction score
It's got plug in P'ups n jack connectors into a PC like board. New to me. I'm going to throw a set of custombuckers in it and rewire the entire thing, but I'm looking for confirmation. Appreciate the headsup on run of non P/P models. I'll run the SN thru Gibson. Another good idea. Thx

Attachments

Musha Ring

Reaction score
Beautiful guitar!

What country are you in?

This is the model I was thinking of. Doesn't specifically mention push pulls, but I read the reviews of the same model in Cherry Sunburst and someone mentioned it does not come with splits or taps. All the more reason to think it is one of these limited edition Classics.

..........Limited Edition..............

We asked them for an exclusive LP Classic and Gibson has responded! Crafted with time-honored mahogany and maple, this Classic has ample weight-relief, gold speed knobs, 57 Classic and 57 Classic Plus zebra humbuckers, their 4-knob, 3-position switch array of controls and Gibson-origin hardware.

Features

• Maple top/Mahogany Back
• 9 hole Weight Relief
• Cream Body Binding
• Mahogany Neck
• LP Classic neck, 60s Slim Tapered.
• Rosewood Fingerboard
• 24 3/4 Scale Length
• 22 Frets
• MOP Gibson inlay on Peghead & Trapezoids on the freboard
• Graph Tech Nut
• Chrome Tune-O-Matic Bridge
• Chrome Stop Bar Tailpiece
• Gold Speed Knobs
• Neck Pickup: 57 Classic Zebra
• Bridge Pickup: 57 Classic + Zebra
• Cream Mounting Rings
• Hardshell Case included

Last edited:

Foreverstrung

Reaction score
Thanks. I do think then this is what we've got. I upgraded the P'ups with Custombuckers and wired it up vintage 50's. Sounds great. Very happy with it. I've got a Standard and now this custom. Both have there pros and cons....well, not really any cons. LOL. Love em both

Latest Threads