2016 Les Paul Standard NGD... a week late

sdmusic15

Reaction score
Just picked this beauty up last week after selling 6 guitars last week. I was going to pay off a couple of Taylors I have on 12 months no interest. But GAS got the best of me with this top. I’m not positive what the finish would be considered, possibly a Transparent Amber, possibly a Tea, maybe even a Honeyburst.
Slim taper neck. Has push pull on all 4 pots. Split coils on the volumes, out of phase on the neck tone, and bypass on the bridge tone. Plays and sounds wonderful.
From what I’ve heard these went for $3000 new, not sure how true that is, but regardless I got a steal on this in my opinion

serial number is 160136880

It’s stamped Made in 2016. The online decoders are saying it’s either a 2013 or 2016. But the way the numbers are, usually Gibson has been numbering them to make it seem like a 2013. Anyone have any input on the serial number? Anyone have any input on what the finish would be?

Attachments

Sinster

Reaction score
It's a 2016... There isn't 601 days in a year :) Nice looking Guitar... HNGD!

Gibson decided to screw with the S/N format.. I think it back in 2015 and it lasted until a portion of 2019 when the new sheriff took over.

sdmusic15

Reaction score
It’s not letting me upload any more images as it’s saying ...is too larger for the server to process

sdmusic15

Reaction score
That top rocks...

2016 was a superb year imho..

yours is bananas....love it

-Chris
Thanks Chris. Ya it’s crazy. I just picked up a 2019 50s Standard about a month ago. Absolutely love it and the bigger neck. Which prompted me to sell of some others guitars because the 50s is definitely THE ONE. Came across this one last week, and the top just called my name. Couldn’t be happier with both of them

Christosterone

Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks Chris. Ya it’s crazy. I just picked up a 2019 50s Standard about a month ago. Absolutely love it and the bigger neck. Which prompted me to sell of some others guitars because the 50s is definitely THE ONE. Came across this one last week, and the top just called my name. Couldn’t be happier with both of them
the50s/60s standards of the last few years have been the best models of my life...
I hope to one day own one..

so happy for u...

as for this one, I love it...
tight flames are so beautiful...the top is also matched perfectly...absolutely perfect

super happy/jealous for u :h5:

what amp are running out of curiosity?

-chris

sdmusic15

Reaction score
the50s/60s standards of the last few years have been the best models of my life...
I hope to one day own one..

so happy for u...

as for this one, I love it...
tight flames are so beautiful...the top is also matched perfectly...absolutely perfect

super happy/jealous for u :h5:

what amp are running out of curiosity?

-chris
I recently acquired a Marshall DSL20 head. It either goes into a 412 vox cab, sounds huge for 20 watts. Or I have a 212 old cab with Celestion G12M-70s and that rips too.

Or I can put it through a 76-77 Fender Twin Reverb (converter by a previous owner into a head) into a Fender 2-15 cab. Sounds beautiful. Or a newer Fender Blues Jr. depends how I’m feeling. Or for a nice natural crunch I’ll put it into a Mesa DC50. I love Mesas overdrive. Really digging the DSL though

aryasridhar

Reaction score
Just picked this beauty up last week after selling 6 guitars last week. I was going to pay off a couple of Taylors I have on 12 months no interest. But GAS got the best of me with this top. I’m not positive what the finish would be considered, possibly a Transparent Amber, possibly a Tea, maybe even a Honeyburst.
Slim taper neck. Has push pull on all 4 pots. Split coils on the volumes, out of phase on the neck tone, and bypass on the bridge tone. Plays and sounds wonderful.
From what I’ve heard these went for $3000 new, not sure how true that is, but regardless I got a steal on this in my opinion

serial number is 160136880

It’s stamped Made in 2016. The online decoders are saying it’s either a 2013 or 2016. But the way the numbers are, usually Gibson has been numbering them to make it seem like a 2013. Anyone have any input on the serial number? Anyone have any input on what the finish would be?
Lovely guitar, more than the guitar i love the green pastures captured there....nice clicks..

Midnight Blues

Reaction score
Nice! Congrats, HNGD :jam: and play her in good health!

If you call Gibson CS and give them the S/N, they'll tell you when it was made and what the color is.

sdmusic15

Reaction score
Nice! Congrats, HNGD :jam: and play her in good health!

If you call Gibson CS and give them the S/N, they'll tell you when it was made and what the color is.
Thank you ✌
Gibson got back to me via email. I sent them a few pictures and they said it’s a 2016 and is a Light Burst. By far my favorite top I’ve seen with my own two eyes and I’m just blown away by the playability, the tone, and the appearance of it.

I’ve been playing guitar for 19 years. The best guitar I’ve owned up until a month ago was between a 2013 Gibson 60s Tribute. A 2013 US Fender Strat Nitro Satin series, or a Fender Standard Strat that I traded. I think the level of quality and craftsmanship put into these newer Gibsons is incredible. I’ve played a lot of guitars in my time of playing. Usually having a collection of lower end guitars that add up between 30-50 at any time. I’m absolutely blown away with these two Les Paul Standards and for once feel that I have found The One twice. So here’s my one and two.

Attachments

Midnight Blues

Reaction score
Thank you ✌
Gibson got back to me via email. I sent them a few pictures and they said it’s a 2016 and is a Light Burst. By far my favorite top I’ve seen with my own two eyes and I’m just blown away by the playability, the tone, and the appearance of it.

I’ve been playing guitar for 19 years. The best guitar I’ve owned up until a month ago was between a 2013 Gibson 60s Tribute. A 2013 US Fender Strat Nitro Satin series, or a Fender Standard Strat that I traded. I think the level of quality and craftsmanship put into these newer Gibsons is incredible. I’ve played a lot of guitars in my time of playing. Usually having a collection of lower end guitars that add up between 30-50 at any time. I’m absolutely blown away with these two Les Paul Standards and for once feel that I have found The One twice. So here’s my one and two.
Cool! I'm glad they got back to you. I know others have had issues, but I've always had good luck contacting them. They've been very responsive.

:cheers2:

Latest Threads