2016 Les Paul CM T

Bud Stoner

Something Something Jedi...
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
And looking at the back, it appears to have the big route for the regular LP control setup, and it's wired now using the normal neck position volume and tones.

So, I'm thinking one can add a kill switch or button in the normally bridge volume position, and the 20db boost switch in the bridge tone spot, and a push pull in the neck tone spot for coil splitting. :hmm:

It might give up some useful tones for more variety............:naughty:

Hoser

Reaction score
I just talked to a guy at Sweetwater. He said these are exclusive to G Center and AMS.

Zoobiedood

Reaction score
The JB would rock in this guitar. So would a Custom. The Custom would have more mids, and slightly less output. The JB is the sound of late 70's-early 80's hard rock.

Hoser

Reaction score
OK, I'm ordering one, and I'm totally putting a JB in it.

Since I can't use Sweetwater, any real difference between Guitar Center or AMS or Sam Ash? I've never bought from any of them. I'm inclined to go GC because there's one nearby and if something's amiss it's a very easy return/don't have to pay return shipping.

b3john

Reaction score
I want one of these as a knock-around-the-house guitar. Still researching the wood used for the body and neck as well as the neck profile. :hmm:

Since I can't use Sweetwater, any real difference between Guitar Center or AMS or Sam Ash? I've never bought from any of them. I'm inclined to go GC because there's one nearby and if something's amiss it's a very easy return/don't have to pay return shipping.
When it comes to returns, I've had the best luck/most pain-free experience with Musicians Friend and Sam Ash. That said, having the chance to demo one in a store in person is hard to beat, even if it is a GC.

iteched

Reaction score
I like it - very clean lines. I'd be tempted to get a body and refinish it much like my LPJ "Goldtop". It might be fun with a HB coil split - or a nice P90.

Hoser

Reaction score
I want one of these as a knock-around-the-house guitar. Still researching the wood used for the body and neck as well as the neck profile.
Well, the specs say:

Body = Mahogany w Maple Top
Neck = Maple w Rosewood Fingerboard

Can't find anything about the neck profile.

acstorfer

Reaction score
That guitar looks like a perfect platform to learn/practice modding!

I'd want one just for the experience I could get learning to paint a guitar, soldering, just plain everything.

Provided the husk is good, it could really end up being a fantastic guitar!

Out of the box not for me, but I'm sure there are folks who would light up for a year to get one.

pomaranc

Reaction score
I really don't understand why they made this instead of junior.

warthog

Reaction score
I think it looks kick butt awesome and I'd get one if I was looking for something new.. or I was back in my 20s... without a wife... or kids... or lots of expenses... or... :shock:

It does look cool though!

Pancreas

Reaction score
I got my 2018 Les Paul CM yesterday, used, for only $400 from Reverb. The previous owner had already installed Sperzel Locking Tuners, a Seymour Duncan SH4, and an Orange Drop Capacitor. The exact same mods that I probably would've done over time. This is a GREAT player. Loads of fun with killer tones from the S.D. and the neck fits me like a glove, close to a 60's style, with a bit more girth.
I feel like I stole it for the price I paid.
I have a habit of selling & trading guitars after a few months, but I don't think this one is going anywhere!

Last edited:

Gibsonian

Reaction score
I got my 2018 Les Paul CM yesterday, used, for only $400 from Reverb. The previous owner had already installed Sperzel Locking Tuners, a Seymour Duncan SH4, and an Orange Drop Capacitor. The exact same mods that I probably would've done over time. This is a GREAT player. Loads of fun with killer tones from the S.D. and the neck fits me like a glove, close to a 60's style, with a bit more girth.
I have a habit of selling & trading guitars after a few months, but I don't think this one is going anywhere!
Congrats on your find. I left mine stock, including the robocalls tuners, so it is what it it is. I envy the ease with which you'll be able to change the strings. :D

lawrev

Reaction score
Did they make the CM in 2018? I thought it was only 2015 and 2016. Thanks!

Latest Threads