2016 Les Paul CM T

Kezia

Reaction score
Looks like the melody maker from a couple years ago with a single humbucker. Nice little junior-esque guitar. Really like the look of that thin body, thinner than the LP MM I'm guessing.

Gibson 2016 Les Paul CM T Overview said:
Sometimes less is more and the 2016 Les Paul CM T is one lean machine. Ready to rock and at a price that competes with less worthy imports, you’ll be hard pressed to find a better deal on an American-made electric guitar. This is 100% Les Paul with the body and contours that have inspired generations of guitar heroes. With its carved top and unbound body, the general impression is that this guitar is ready for action, not decoration.

The comfortable neck features a thick, hand-oiled fingerboard with plenty of sustain from its one-piece design. Dot inlays offer just enough guidance without detracting from this Les Paul’s minimalist nature. A single Classic ’61 humbucker in the bridge position gives you Patent-Applied-For tone right where you need it with a single volume and tone control to find your sound.

Hardware includes traditional Green Key tuners and a compensated, wraparound stopbar bridge that makes adjusting action and intonation easy. The Les Paul CM T comes complete with a nice padded gig bag and at a price that can’t be beat.

Key Features
The luxurious feel of a hand-oiled rosewood fingerboard, with the sustain of a one-piece design
This guitar is all about the power of simplicity
PAF-style tone where it counts the most - at the bridge
Experience a taste of the past with the classic "green keys" look
Guard your guitar with padded protection
Minimalist dot inlays echo the guitar's no-nonsense ethos
Expert setup makes this handcrafted, American-made guitar ready for immediate action
Simplicity, solidity, sustain
From the arched top to the classic profile, the body is pure Les Paul
Extra plug grip for on-stage cable security

Features
Fingerboard: Thicker hand-oiled fingerboard
100% Les Paul mojo: No compromise on tone, quality, or playability
Pickup: A single Classic ’61 humbucker in the bridge position
Tuners: Traditional Green Key tuners
Carrying case: Padded gigbag
Inlays: Subtly elegant acrylic dot inlays
Setup: Comprehensive hand-finished setup
Bridge: Satin nickel wrapover bridge
Body: Classic contoured Les Paul body
Jack: Double-contact jack

Gibson 2016 Les Paul CM T Satin Ebony | Guitar Center

LSAR

Reaction score
I thought these were cool 'till I saw them advertised somewhere as a the "Les Paul Chick Magnet". Not so much, after that...

Emddie

Reaction score
It would've been better if there were more color choices.

circles

Reaction score
Y'know if I was starting all over again this would be a good starter model.

Kezia

Reaction score
I thought these were cool 'till I saw them advertised somewhere as a the "Les Paul Chick Magnet". Not so much, after that...
really? Oh wow that's bad.

Henry's in his office like

WholeLottaIzzy

Reaction score
I'd get one if I get find one cheap enough. I'd put a filtertron in the bridge and it'd be awesome. But, it'd need to be very cheap.

djw171

Reaction score
Agree it should be in more colours. The 2015 "Limited Run' version was identical but still had GForce.
Gibson's price for that model was $699US.
So the 2016 should be much cheaper since it doesn't have a $300 tuning system attached!
:lol:

Perrygoround

Reaction score
A Les Paul with a thinner body, only a bridge pick-up and, therefore, single volume and tone controls looks a lot like the Joe Perry "one off" custom Black Les Paul he´s been using on the last tours. Only difference is that JP´s one has a tremolo bridge.
I am thinking, that this would be quite a cool mod for an JP fan as I am. However, I will need to route the guitar, and that will be a problem.

Hoser

Reaction score
I was looking at those, but I was kind of thinking I'd be better off just getting one of these which would save a few hundred that you could use on upgrades ... they pop up on eBay fairly often.

Fiftywattmafia

Reaction score
What's going on with the headstock size and extreme points on the USA models these days? Just seems a bit off and extreme

tzd

Reaction score
What's going on with the headstock size and extreme points on the USA models these days? Just seems a bit off and extreme
I believe they standardized the dimension of the headstock for all models in 2015, so that the G Force tuner will fit all of the models made.

efstop

Declining Rotten Apple
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it had a neck P-90 (or maybe a neck mini-hum) instead of a bridge HB I'd buy one.

TLTeo

Reaction score
Recent headstocks do look slightly pointier. I saw that posted that the other day, and yeah my 2013 LP seems pointier than my 07 SG Classic.

Bud Stoner

Something Something Jedi...
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's a sweet little axe, and would be fun to beat on, mod or do whatever you want..........:)

I do wonder if it may have the wire route going up to where the neck pickup and three way switch would be......:hmm: that may open up options for further modding.

It's nice for $699.00 I guess, but for just another $40.00 I can have the 2016 SG 70s Tribute with the small blocks on the fretboard and the mini hums......:thumb:

Hoser

Reaction score
OK I think I'm changing my mind. Anyone know exactly what HB this comes with? I'm not educated enough to know what "A single Classic ’61 humbucker" means. Thanks!

Latest Threads