2016 Gibson Les Paul Standard Limited Edition 50's Faded Honeyburst SOLD

cmerch

Reaction score
I'm a little on the fence on this one but I recently re-acquired an R9... "the one that got away"... so I'm moving out some guitars to recoup some funds.
This is a Limited Editon Faded 50's Les Paul Standard. It has a nice rounded, very comfortable 50's neck @ .85-.96. I can't really do a 60's slim taper, though I've tried, and the .90-1.00 59 necks are just a bit too big. For me, this is the sweet spot. Rounded, no shoulders, and just a shade smaller than the typical "59" carve. It's perfect.
Weighs in @ 8.25 lbs, with modern weight relief.
I know these things are subjective, but I think this is one of the sweetest plaintops I've seen. It has lots of pronounced "big" grain patterns, and though it's not matched per se, the two pieces of the top come together nicely and look great together I think.
There is only one ding, and it's right where the screw from the pickguard is. It was there when I removed the pickguard unfortunately. It's not big, and you can barely see it w/ the guard off, and of course wouldn't see it at all with it on.
In the pictures, the stock condiition is w/ the zebra 57 classic plus/57 classic set that came with the guitar and the amber knobs. I've had it set up a couple different ways, so I've included some pics of it not stock, but it will be set back to stock w/ 57's, orig truss rod cover and knobs. Electronics have been swapped out from pc board to traditional 50's wiring w Vitamin Q caps... I'll leave that in there as I don't have the pc board. Orig case included.
I think I've covered all the bases. If you have a question I haven't answered, feel free to pm me.

$old

IMG_2794.jpg

IMG_1152.jpg

IMG_4589.jpg
IMG_1150.jpg

Last edited:

BDW60

Reaction score
That IS the perfect neck. Too bad Gibson doesn’t stumble into it more often. Great looking plain top.

Latest Threads