2015 Traditional help

Yardbird

Reaction score
Hi.

Im talking to a seller about a 2015 traditional and hoped somebody may be able to advise me on a few details.

Firstly, it has a 2015 serial and my belief would be that it should feature the 2015 Les Paul 100 screen print on the headstock. Instead it has the classic Les Paul model screen print. Im unsure of this being correct. Secondly the truss rod cover is plain as opposed to having traditional written on it. The seller says these are standard features but i can not find any other 2015 traditionals with similar headstock appointments. The g force system has been swapped out for vintage klusons and the whole neck looks more like a standard than a trad. But the guitar features no coil tapping etc and has the traditional control lay out.

What do you think regards it being a 2015 traditional? Its priced just over a grand UK in what id say is Very good cond.

Any help appreciated.

smk506

Reaction score
Best you can do is get the serial number and call or email Gibson I think.
For just over a grand though who cares what it is, just get it! :D

Cjsinla

Premium Member
Reaction score
Back in 2015 they had the modern line, the traditional line after all the complaints, and the Sprint run. Not all 2015 models had the LP100 scrawl. The traditional lines were more like the older style but were not just Les Pauls. They may have even made a LP Standard Traditional and SG traditional. Also, some people swap out the truss rod cover for a plain one. Look at the packing list and the body under the pickups, that will tell you what the model really is. BTW, 2015 Trads came with 59 Tribute pickups, no other models had those pups that year, that’s another clue.

Yardbird

Reaction score
Great info thanks guys. So yeah seems quite likely to he legit. Just need to check a few details. I was wrong in thinking everything from 15 had that thick lp100 sig

Yardbird

Reaction score
Ive emailed Gibson just to confirm exactly what model im looking at and will then check the guitar over thanks.

Nice guitar by the way shupe!

PierM

Premium Member
Reaction score
Always ask for the Checklist Card. This is the only document that shows the model number, which is unique for every single model variation. Serial number doesn't tell much about the model, Model Number does. :)

wmachine

Reaction score
Back in 2015 they had the modern line, the traditional line after all the complaints, and the Sprint run. Not all 2015 models had the LP100 scrawl. The traditional lines were more like the older style but were not just Les Pauls. They may have even made a LP Standard Traditional and SG traditional. Also, some people swap out the truss rod cover for a plain one. Look at the packing list and the body under the pickups, that will tell you what the model really is. BTW, 2015 Trads came with 59 Tribute pickups, no other models had those pups that year, that’s another clue.
Yes and no. The regular Traditional was offered right in the beginning. There were more "other models" made in 2015 than the Sprint run. Specifially there were other dealer ordered models. And this (The Traditional Classic) was one of them. No sure of the pups in this model, but the regular Traditional and the Sprint Run had the '59 pups. I don't believe any of the subsequent models had the '59s.

Always ask for the Checklist Card. This is the only document that shows the model number, which is unique for every single model variation. Serial number doesn't tell much about the model, Model Number does. :)
^This^ for sure.
And to anyone who ever buys one new, save the labels on the Gibson box! It has the model # and the serial number together. It is virtually the same thing as a COA (Certificate Of Authenticity).

Yardbird

Reaction score
Cool well gibson have asked for pics of the top back and headstock front and rear which i have sent. Just waiting on a reply. Seller has case candy so hoping the checklist card is amongst it. All being well itll be trigger pulling time.

It has a decent flamed top which is a big plus for me.

Yardbird

Reaction score
Gibson have come back...

So its a traditional limited. Apparently made for jap market in late 15. Tribute 59 pups.

Anybody got experience of them?

Yardbird

Reaction score
Yes thats the one theyve described. 60s neck and A+ top on this one.

Justin_Case

Reaction score
I've had a couple pass through - all very nice, and great players.

Yardbird

Reaction score
Yes ive been on there and had a look. The model in question is actually a slightly different one. Its the 2015 Japan Limited.

59 tribute pick ups. 60s slim taper neck A+ flame top etc. Hoping itll play nice.