2015 les paul special double cut

Pop1655

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great guitar. Should be a deal. Don’t overpay. We all got those on a crazy blow out a few years back. If the seller is asking real money, he’s trying to pull one over.

cigblues

Reaction score
Thanks for your kind words and advice. I think $750 out the door is more than fair. And it amazes me how hard the non-custom shop models are. I hope to learn from you and make new friends that love fine instruments.

Cjsinla

Reaction score
You are right and I am sorry. It does matter to me what you know. I am Bi-Polar was was both excited and I had just woke up. I even wrote already bought pups...that was for a 1994 Squire Stratocaster that hasn't arrived yet. How crazy is that?
I read with great interest your list of guitars. You have an impressive collection of instruments. And would love to hear more about them. Hope to make a better impression. My most interesting is a 2012 Fender Select Telecaster. The body is translucent swamp ash capped with a figured maple top finished with hand-rubbed nitrocellulose in a violin finish. Neck is bird's eye maple with Fender locking tuners all original. My first guitar was a Gibson SG. They came in one color...cherry with batwing guard. That was 47 year's ago. My amp was a silver face vibro champ. The TV LP special with stay stock. Tuners have been changed to Kluson Deluxe, so the G-Force fell off for the previous owner.
That is only the list of my Gibsons as this is a Les Paul forum. The list looks impressive but it’s the end result of playing and buying guitars for over 40 years and rarely selling. With time and GAS anyone can amass such a list. My first electrics were a 79 Strat with a 3-bolt neck that was warped and a pancake body Les Paul, both gone now.

dasherf17

Reaction score
I have one..the left guitar pictured in my avatar. You will love it. The P90's are great! Mine is not overly noisy. I have not shielded it at all. I bought it new. The G-force tuners are still on & working, even though I do have a set of Grovers to replace should they crap out.
Have a good time with it.
I had a Special...I've said many times I miss it every day...it sounded great with my Vox Royal Guardsman (it could have been the mojo between the two or I have quirky taste...)...I put P90s in a Firebird kit to get the sound...buuut, the Special was a great player.

cigblues

Reaction score
I am really liking it...it has the raunchy sound that I love and yet cleans up nicely. Great wide neck. Haven't heard of the Vox Royal Guardsmen, but I like the Vox sound.

paleosol

Reaction score
I had one and enjoyed playing it - should have kept it. I purchased the 2015 husk from the Stratosphere, installed a wiring harness and a 70's mini-humbucker in the bridge position and a 70's P90 in the neck. Th pickguard and wrap around bridge were from MojoAxe and the harness from The Tone Man. I think the fret board was a bit wider on the 2015 Special.

Attachments

cigblues

Reaction score
Wow what a great price. Mine is 2015 TV yellow. With the brief run starting in 1946 with slug rod alnico pups. Ordered Gibson speed knobs and Emerson kit with 50's wiring, Emerson 500K pots, Bumblebee capacitors and switch craft input switch. And getting shielded by my brother the electronic genius. Love those speed knobs and the overall look of your guitar. Does yours still have G-force auto tuners?

Telechamp

Reaction score
Wow what a great price. Mine is 2015 TV yellow. With the brief run starting in 1946 with slug rod alnico pups. Ordered Gibson speed knobs and Emerson kit with 50's wiring, Emerson 500K pots, Bumblebee capacitors and switch craft input switch. And getting shielded by my brother the electronic genius. Love those speed knobs and the overall look of your guitar. Does yours still have G-force auto tuners?
I decided to go with speed knobs as they are easier to adjust the volume and tone on the fly.

Yep, mine still has the G-Force tuners. It shocks me to say that - as I figured I would have to replace them by now - but they're still going strong. I've decided to just keep them on there until they go south - but they show no signs of doing that yet..

cigblues

Reaction score
I bet they would be handy for me also...like to play in several tunings. Love your finish and overall look of your guitar, but when you buy used, if you want it you have to jump on it quick.

Telechamp

Reaction score
I bet they would be handy for me also...like to play in several tunings. Love your finish and overall look of your guitar, but when you buy used, if you want it you have to jump on it quick.
I finally put the replacement titanium nut on mine a couple of days ago. I thought the original brass nut wasn't wearing much, but after inspecting it, I was wrong. The brass nut had really worn down. So on went the titanium replacement..

While I was at it, I also changed strings, applied some F-One to the fretboard, and polished her up.

I really like the titanium nut so far - those alnico slug P90's still sound great with the new nut.

cigblues

Reaction score
Use all the same stuff today. Nice to meet Kinfred spirit. had to buy some ones today...life can be hard.

Gridlock

Reaction score
I owed both a TV Yellow and a Cherry Red 2015 DC. Liked them both and wish that I kept the TV Yellow guitar.

Congratulations!

cigblues

Reaction score
I sure the cherry is a great looking guitar. TV yellow is what they had used at the only shop I like use. had to buy SG JR new the other day and a Dobro new today. I hate depreciation.

Latest Threads