2015 les paul special double cut

cigblues

Reaction score
Info desired on this guitar Mine coming used with recent brown gibby case

Skit

Witch Doctor
Reaction score
You purchased a guitar without knowing anything about it?

cigblues

Reaction score
No, but only what I have read. Owner's have real life experience. That is valuble information. And I am here to learn. My experience is mainly with Fender's.

Last edited:

Skit

Witch Doctor
Reaction score
OK so what is the info you desire? Is there something in that particular year you were looking for?

ultra80096

Reaction score
I have one..the left guitar pictured in my avatar. You will love it. The P90's are great! Mine is not overly noisy. I have not shielded it at all. I bought it new. The G-force tuners are still on & working, even though I do have a set of Grovers to replace should they crap out.
Have a good time with it.

cigblues

Reaction score
These are the originals brighter with a slug rod? Running through It. Middle position of course quiet. My brother is electrical whiz. Solders copper where they join. Runs ground. And usually change pots and replace capacitor with military grade oil/paper capacitator. But just for me. He builds stomp boxes.

ultra80096

Reaction score
Are they brighter? I have two other P90 guitars with the adjustable poles. I like them all. Good luck. Just giving my experiences.

moreles

Reaction score
2015s have the adjustable nut which is, IMO, a truly crap design intended to eliminate the problem (cost to Gibson) of making a suitably excellent nut on an assembly line guitar. P90s will always be relatively noisy, but the world is full of epic performers and recordings using P90s, so it's hardly fatal. I like that guitar, personally, but the 2015 model is marred, IMO, by some lame features that I consider awful but could (easily) remedy.

cigblues

Reaction score
Got my 2015. Kluson deluxe tuners with white plastic knobs. Pups originally came out in 1946 for a short time. They are brighter than typical P 90s. TV yellow but grain not seen. Nice brown Gibby case. $750 out the door. Instant keeper.

CerebralGasket

Reaction score
My favorite pup combo in a Special...

Fralin Hum-Cancellng P-90 at the bridge for hi gain use and stock P-90 at the neck for cleans.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
My favorite pup combo in a Special...

Fralin Hum-Cancellng P-90 at the bridge for hi gain use and stock P-90 at the neck for cleans.

Gee, I wonder if that particular pickup combo might be coming your way..

Cjsinla

Reaction score
So, you’re getting a guitar and want details about it but you’re changing everything on it. In that case, it doesn’t matter what we know.

cigblues

Reaction score
You are right and I am sorry. It does matter to me what you know. I am Bi-Polar was was both excited and I had just woke up. I even wrote already bought pups...that was for a 1994 Squire Stratocaster that hasn't arrived yet. How crazy is that?
I read with great interest your list of guitars. You have an impressive collection of instruments. And would love to hear more about them. Hope to make a better impression. My most interesting is a 2012 Fender Select Telecaster. The body is translucent swamp ash capped with a figured maple top finished with hand-rubbed nitrocellulose in a violin finish. Neck is bird's eye maple with Fender locking tuners all original. My first guitar was a Gibson SG. They came in one color...cherry with batwing guard. That was 47 year's ago. My amp was a silver face vibro champ. The TV LP special with stay stock. Tuners have been changed to Kluson Deluxe, so the G-Force fell off for the previous owner.

cigblues

Reaction score
Just play it and enjoy it.
That is the best advice sir, but I value your knowledge. Always excited excited with new guitar day. But do not have sense enough to keep them. Like a pair of ES 135s I owned over 15 year's ago. But yesterday's gone.

cigblues

Reaction score
Gee, I wonder if that particular pickup combo might be coming your way..
They look great and I enjoyed going to the website, but will probably keep mine stock. I have heard the fralin makes great pups for Fenders
Are they brighter? I have two other P90 guitars with the adjustable poles. I like them all. Good luck. Just giving my experiences.
I read that they were, but my brother has my little Swart right now and couldn't plug in.

Latest Threads