2015 Les Paul JR P90 dogear

JTT

Reaction score
Guys JT here Ned some help
Has anyone gotten rid of the stock vol tone board from there JR and put a vantage wiring harness in but kept the original P90 and cut the quick connect plug off it to Solder it in with the 5 wires ??
Thanks

Attachments

Cjsinla

Reaction score
Guys JT here Ned some help
Has anyone gotten rid of the stock vol tone board from there JR and put a vantage wiring harness in but kept the original P90 and cut the quick connect plug off it to Solder it in with the 5 wires ??
Thanks
5 wires? That’s probably a P90s, a double coil pup. If I was going to go vintage wiring I’d put in a regular P90 while I was in there.

JTT

Reaction score
5 wires? That’s probably a P90s, a double coil pup. If I was going to go vintage wiring I’d put in a regular P90 while I was in there.
That’s what I think I am going to do looking at a RioGrand

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score
The P90s is a double coil pickup? I thought the only difference between that an a P90 is the slug poles instead of screws.

LocoTex

Reaction score
I don't think all 5 wires are used. It is a single coil, just with slug magnets instead of bar magnets.

efstop

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep. P-90s with the PCB are still single coils. Gibson uses the standard plug and 5 wires, but only two wires are necessary. Green and white for the bridge pickup. I just folded the other three back and taped them off.

If you don't want to cut off the plug, solder 1/2" of a capacitor leg to two covered wires and solder the wires to the pot. Insert the legs into the plug. Put a dab of hot glue between the legs to avoid shorting out (the green and white are very close together.) Yes, this trick works.

Latest Threads