2014 Les Paul Custom Phantom

Malchik

Reaction score
Gibson Custom Les Paul Custom - Phantom

A Les Paul Custom without all the trimmings.

CS202862-front-large.jpg

So essentially a Custom Shop Les Paul Studio.

Kind of diminishes the point of a Custom, doesn't it?

msvsdoj

Reaction score
To each his own but the thing I dig about bound headstocks is it matches the neck and body. That's missing here...kinda looks like a flashlight up there. Can't say much surprises me anymore though.

laterider

Reaction score
...I don't see any indication of neck or body binding.

Go look at the pics on sweetwater's site. I can clearly see body binding (both front and back) when looking at side shots of the guitar. Its hard to see, but I also see binding on the neck too. Very strange they used black binding everywhere except the headstock. What I don't see are any inlays, which if thye kept the same scheme and did blacked out inlays that could be cool...

Tangerine

Reaction score
Yeah it looks like black binding, if the headstock binding was black too it would look better imo. At least people can't bitch about it having the 120th anniversary inlay. :laugh2::laugh2:

FingerLakesFan

Reaction score
I thought you photoshopped it and made it as ugly as you could make it. $3294 for that? You have got to be kidding!

Ouchz

Reaction score
I would take a tribute over this. The headstock looks out of place and the body and neck binding is not really visible, making it look visually unremarkable.

Deus Vult

Banned
Reaction score
i wouldn't pay that for a regular custom. no ebony? no money.

no1uno

Reaction score
Yeah, I think my Ebony studio has black binding as well. If ya look real close.:naughty: :hmm: :cool:

Yurich

Reaction score
Damn! I hope there are more LPs coming without inlays (and maybe lower price)! Absolutely love blank fretboards. Awesome looking guitar.

OldBenKenobi

Reaction score
Looking over everything we've seen from Gibson for 2014.... They need to fire their design team. Now. I have not seen a single design that is classy or tasteful, it's all either a random pile of shit thrown at a guitar or bizarre aesthetic choices like the 120th anniversary inlay and the yellow plastic on the studios.

Latest Threads