2014 gibson les paul special aaa flametop with f hole

thunnderfan1979

Reaction score
Gibson Les Paul Special AAA Flame Top with F-Hole Electric Guitar Caramel Burst | Guitar Center

Hey I just picked this guitar up used, I have seen some posts about it from 2014. What is it actually worth???? I cant find a lot of info about it. It's sweet, looks and plays incredible. I just don't want to over pay for it. I believe they retailed new for $1200 and were on a sale for $900 from what I have read on the forums. Someone else mentioned there was only 300 made any truth to that?

Any help or info would be great.

Nick-O

Reaction score
They were a GC run. They were $899 plus the case. No idea on the number made. I had one for a few months, QC was poor on the build though, lots of finished issues. That does not condemn the whole run of them, but certainly the one I had.

tzd

Reaction score
The pricing you mentioned is about right. Not many were made. They are nice guitars if you like the Granadillo fingerboard.

ShoalsRanger

Reaction score
I read that as "special ass flametop".

Yea, I remember these. Pretty sweet. The 1 f-hole looks a bit strange to me.

thunnderfan1979

Reaction score
So I picked it up from guitar center used for 1,100 which seems way over priced know. Any way to figure out what it is worth.

starscream

Reaction score
So I picked it up from guitar center used for 1,100 which seems way over priced know. Any way to figure out what it is worth.

I generally value a guitar by the going market rate - look at *completed* auctions and sales from ebay and reverb, etc.

If you paid $1100 then this isn't going to sit well with you - there was one listed on eBay about a half dozen times in the last few months for as low as $950 and it didn't sell, so I would say for sure it's worth less than that, especially when you factor in the seller loses 10% in auction fees.

thunnderfan1979

Reaction score
Thanks, there is one listed on GC website used for $1500 No way that's right!!! I am going to take it to a couple of my guitar shops in town to ask them what they would pay for it.

bwillard

Reaction score
It's a GREAT guitar. Here is mine:

Special.JPG

I paid around $1,100.00 new so you might have overpaid a little. I love mine! I'm not sure about the neck. It feels somewhere between a 50s and 60s neck to me.

martin H

Reaction score
I read that as "special ass flametop".

Yea, I remember these. Pretty sweet. The 1 f-hole looks a bit strange to me.

Everyone's sense of aesthetics is different. I've never personally been in favor of an f-hole on any small body instrument. To me it seems to take up too much space. Each to his own however. It it play well its a great instrument.

RedNeck

Reaction score
I had one. Mine was a Special FFF top with an a-hole.

Latest Threads