2013 Trad tuners...Nickel or chrome?

KenG

Reaction score
^^ hey folks, no need to justify buying new as a preference over used. I lean the same way & all my guitars have been bought new.
As a Canadian I learned the hard way not to buy Gibsons here. I paid $2300 for my Trad+ at Long&McQuade and too much for my R0V2 here as well (probably by $600 or more on the R0). Then I bought my R7 for $400 more new than my Trad cost and my R8 for $500 new over my Trad. These were selling here at $3600 CAD at the time.
I started out with Epiphone Elitist LPs (x2) made in Japan that got me hooked on LPs.
Then I graduated to my 2010 Trad +, then I made the mistake of playing a Re-Issue. Then it just went from there. Now my R7 & R8 have been trading places back and forth as my number for almost 2 years now.
I appologize to you both and the OP as my comment may have seemed too off hand. You're right of course there really was no need to voice my opinion after the OP has already went down the road so to speak.

musicmaniac

Reaction score
Nice to see people being cordial for a change. Even on the internet sometimes we can see eye to eye. :h5:

cmsmith76

Reaction score
As I see it, the most important thing was to answer the question asked by the original poster. That question has been answered...2013 Traditional tuners were/are nickel. :)

At the end of the day, that's the only thing I care about here. ;-)

Ansen

Reaction score
A quick way to discern between nickel or chrome is, to put a sandwichpaper over it. If the metall apears yelloish, it's nickel, chrome would show up more blueish under the paper.

Nilitara

Reaction score
Hey Guy's didn't realise I was to open such a can of worms from my OP! Calm down Fella's life's too short! Well I'm guessing this thread has ran its course, I got my answer which is good as I now don't need to shell out for a set of Nickel plated tuners!

cmsmith76

Reaction score
A quick way to discern between nickel or chrome is, to put a sandwichpaper over it. If the metall apears yelloish, it's nickel, chrome would show up more blueish under the paper.

Interesting....I'm going to have to try this...

Latest Threads