2013 Standard coil tap?

Kezman

Reaction score
I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on a new addition, It's either going to be 05 Faded ice tea "if one comes up"
58VOS reissue iced tea "used one at my local store"
And I've been wanting a 2013 Standard iced tea, the tops look amazing :thumb:
The neck feels great, But the coil tapping! I can't see myself ever using it...........

My question is, would buying the 2013 Standard just be a waste if the coil tap is not used. :hmm:
Help me out here :shock:

cck801

Reaction score
My two cents is if you are going to reject the '13 Standard, do it for reasons that have nothing to do with coil tapping. At worst, it is a non-factor. At best, you will find yourself exploring the new tones you can get. Personally, I find myself loving the flexibility when writing new songs/riffs--it is nice to be able to explore different tones with new parts.

cck801

Reaction score
btw, I didn't say this, but I have a '13 Standard, and love every inch of it (including the coil tapping, of which I was leary at first, but now am quite fond of).

axepilot

Reaction score
My two cents is if you are going to reject the '13 Standard, do it for reasons that have nothing to do with coil tapping. At worst, it is a non-factor. At best, you will find yourself exploring the new tones you can get. It is nice to be able to explore different tones with new parts.

^^^^^This says it all.

Don't hold back on a guitar that you might really like just because of extra features like coil tapping that you might not use. No one is going to force you to use it, but it will be there if you get adventurous..........:D

LesAdrian

Reaction score
I'd wait for the new ones with Koa top,they will look amazing.

Latest Threads