2013 R7 Goldtop VOS

abfackeln

Reaction score
2013 Gibson R7 Goldtop VOS. Bone stock, with the exception of a set of Mojoaxe black plastics that are currently on (all the original cream plastics included in the sale). Pickups are the original Custombuckers, and both measure approx. 7.8K *today* (electronics have never been unsoldered). Neck measures ~0.94" at the first fret, and 1.0" at the 12th, nice dark RW fretboard. Weight is right at 9lbs on the ol' digital bathroom scale. Guitar is in great shape, but does show signs of use, with the usual scuffs and indents in the clear coat from playing, as well as a bit of worming on the back, but nothing that goes through the clear. Includes the original case, COA, and all the other paper bits in the case.
Looking for $2500 shipped in the mainland US. Not really looking for trades at this time, but will always consider anything "interesting".

Full album here:

Last edited:

bugman

Reaction score
What’s up, I have a 2019 Memphis ES335 I’m looking to trade , it’s posted here with pics

abfackeln

Reaction score
Thanks for the offer - I’ve already got an original 1960 345, so I’m good in the semi-hollow dept...

DEMENTED

Reaction score
Got any pics of the back? Are you interested in amp trades?

abfackeln

Reaction score
Been getting quite a few questions on this, so I'll just answer here....

Someone over on TGP noticed that one of the knobs was cracked, I had not noticed it before. I added a close up photo to the imgur album. Knob is stable, but is cracked all the way across.

I updated the title, as when I got the shipping box down (ships in original Gibson shipping box), I realized this was a VOS model (forgot about that).

If you're waiting for me to drop the price week after week, don't, because I'm not going to. I think I have this priced fairly, and I'm not in any hurry to sell (I actually like the guitar, I just have too much gear). That said, I am open to a reasonable offer, but I don't consider 20% off asking price reasonable.

I've stated the weight as accurately as I can, which is right at 9 lbs. I don't have any other means to weigh, so if you're concerned about a few ounces either way, this may not be for you.

To everyone asking for high res closeups of the blemishes - if you are looking for a new guitar, or a museum piece, look elsewhere, because this is not it. This guitar has been played, but is still in very good condition. Anyone who has purchased from me knows that I tend to downplay condition to avoid any buyer's remorse. I did add a couple of high res closeups of the worming on the back, and one of the small dings in the neck around the first fret (there's a couple), but they were incredibly hard to capture. I tried in multiple environments with multiple lighting approaches to get something. Again, if you're looking for new, keep looking.

Happy to answer any other questions!

R'nien

Reaction score
It has a crack in the knob? OMG what a piece of crap!!! Just joking.. what’s wrong with people of TGP?
If it’s not too much of a problem could you let us know if there is a flametop under that gold?

abfackeln

Reaction score
Good question - I wondered the same thing myself when I first got it. The control cavity shows some subtle flame (indoor lighting not the best, but it's dark here now).

SoCal Flood

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
It has a crack in the knob? OMG what a piece of crap!!! Just joking.. what’s wrong with people of TGP?
If it’s not too much of a problem could you let us know if there is a flametop under that gold?
Haha I thought he was being facetious about the flametop inquiry, but very cool of you to try and answer it. And even cooler that it does show some flame through the cavity! Never thought of looking there.

Bump. Glws brother

Gtarzan81

Reaction score
If I didn't have a kid on the way, I'd be sending funds. GLWS

abfackeln

Reaction score
One last bump for a while, then it’s going back in the closet...