2013 LP Traditionals...

adam_v64

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with weight relief, do you really want a heavier guitar?!

Actually, I'm too bored to complete this post...

ShoalsRanger

Reaction score
Sweetwater has 2-2013 Caramel bursts. 9lbs and 8lbs,14oz respectfully. No weight relief.

WTF, most 2008-2012 Trads are over 9lbs with weight relief. I can't believe the new ones can be that light. I wonder if they are using higher grade mahogany??

1-110.jpg

MP4-22

Reaction score
Lighter the better i say !! Would like a trad one day but not a heavy ass tank. I like to play standing up when jamming with the boys.

You guys should pack lead weights in the cavity, I did that with my pinewood derby car when i was a cub scout... it was badass...

laterider

Reaction score
Glad to see this model is continuing!!! I didn't like the idea they changed the honey burst to a darker rimburst, but the model at wildwood looks good. In anycase the carmel burst is right on. I now already have a great HB Trad, but go get um guyz!:slash:

Latearrival

Reaction score
The Traditional is more traditional than the Standard, by a long shot. The Standard needs to be renamed, and the Traditional needs to remain as it is - "traditional".

Yes, but do you not realise that the "Traditional" is what the "Standard" used to be?

They radically altered the Standard, but instead of calling it something else, kept the name "Standard" and released the "Traditional" (more or less) to the old Standard spec!

It's like changing Coca Cola to a clear, orange flavoured drink, but still calling it "Coco Cola", then bringing out a dark, fizzy drink which tastes like Coke used to - and calling that "Tradiational Brew" or similar - it makes no sense!

Latearrival

Reaction score
All this shows (in my opinion) that companies scan these forums and do listen to what people want!

A significant minority (of which I am one) do not like the idea of LPs being "butchered" internally (either by having holes drilled, or by being almost completely hollowed-out, like the LP Standard 2008) - so now Gibson has finally listened, and is giving us what we want!

Will it make a difference sound-wise (i.e. solid Vs Swiss-Cheesed) - Not one Jot! - But a lot of people will be happier knowing it's a solid guitar again!

Latest Threads