2013 Les Paul Changes

EvLectric

Reaction score
WOOHOO!!!
:rock:
RobotPlayingGuitarLostinSpace.png

Man, I was so into the Robot when I was a kid that it's entirely possible that this scene is why I play guitar! :laugh2:

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
Gibsons been going crazy over the past couple years. Just keep the les paul, sg, explorer, flyin v, lp junior, MM, firebird, 335, 175, and specials. No need for all this exotic uglyness.

This. Refocus on your core business, do only a few things but do them better than anyone else.

EvLectric

Reaction score
H3ll, now that I'm old, I sure don't want MORE weight on my Lester!
I did have a Robot when I was a kid, though.

yeppedeppdepp

Reaction score
I think an AC adaptor for all those fancy lights and gadgets would be nice, why not use built in effects and stuff and at least two 9V battery cases on the backside just to remove more wood from the already chambered body.

Gibson is going NUTS.

James Dean

Reaction score
New for 2013... the Gibson Les Paul Stratocaster American Standard Custom Traditional Pro Plus Classic Studio X Bird, now with Robot technology.

Lannes

Reaction score
While I try to remain an optimist, I would like to note that the used market is strong and shows no signs of abating.....:naughty:

politenessman

Reaction score
From what I understand one of the changes will be in "push / pull" pots ...4 of them on the LP standard..coil tapping,reverse phasing,cut off switching,bypass of all circuits and a compound radius fingerboard.

actually they might be the new push/push pots like on the new trad pro 2. and if that onboard 10db boost works out for them, we will start to see other effects onboard.

AngryHatter

Reaction score
Gibson posted on facebook today they would be making more changes to the 2013 Les Paul and SG models. I wonder if these will be improvements or more of the same we saw this year.

Thoughts?

If dark matter is the glue of the universe then what does that make Elmer's Glue?
That is what I am thinking about.

Slashperryburst

Reaction score
Gibson Canada says: "Thinking about treating yourself to a Les Paul or SG? If you wait, there will be major changes and a modest price increase in 2013!"

The word, major concerns me, and how modest of a $$$ increase?

You should be fine in Canada. When they announce the changes, you should have a buffer of at least a few weeks before they start coming your way. Probably more than that though.

Ehhh all this baked maple robot tuners and all that unnessicary crap. Looks like im buying used from now on

That has been my philosophy for 5 or 6 years now.

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not much interested in all the fancy geegaws. Two pickups, four knobs, and one amp -- that's where my head's at.

Slashperryburst

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not much interested in all the fancy geegaws. Two pickups, four knobs, and one amp -- that's where my head's at.

i can live without them(gadgets), but I am very tempted by Jonesy's "21 tone Page wiring". Not to sound like page, but as a guy who only owns one guitar at the moment, the variety of sounds on offer is excellent.

b3john

Reaction score
From Facebook
Big rumors swirling at Gibson surrounding Les Pauls in 2013! (Among the gossip: A potential line of SG-inspired Les Paul '50s Tributes with Robot Tuning and optional F-holes.)

They can keep their robot tuners, but I would love a chambered Les Paul with F-holes!
love.gif

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
i can live without them(gadgets), but I am very tempted by Jonesy's "21 tone Page wiring". Not to sound like page, but as a guy who only owns one guitar at the moment, the variety of sounds on offer is excellent.

I hear you, it makes sense from that angle. But I know me, a lot of those tones would never be used.

Slashperryburst

Reaction score
I hear you, it makes sense from that angle. But I know me, a lot of those tones would never be used.

I agree. I've had guitars with switching systems before. As things currently stand, I use all three positions on my Les Paul and I use my volume and tone knobs. If I find another two or three positions that I use on a semi regular basis, it will certainly be worth the extra hundred and seventy dollars.

Latearrival

Reaction score
I think Gibson (and HJ) misunderstands the LP Market! I think what people want to see is not cumputerised gimmics and robot tuning, but solid (excuse the pun) traditional guitars built to a high-standard, with good quality hardware and pick-ups!

Does this mean that Gibson shouldn't innovate? Of course not, but it can do that on new models! What about a new model with decent styling (i.e. NOT like firebird X!).

People buy a Les Paul because it is a legacy instrument that is timeless! Would anyone buy a Stradivarius with robot tuning, and built-in multitrack recording capability? Of course not. They don't want it from a Les Paul either!

ExpatBrit

Reaction score
I think Gibson (and HJ) misunderstands the LP Market! I think what people want to see is not cumputerised gimmics and robot tuning, but solid (excuse the pun) traditional guitars built to a high-standard, with good quality hardware and pick-ups!

Does this mean that Gibson shouldn't innovate? Of course not, but it can do that on new models! What about a new model with decent styling (i.e. NOT like firebird X!).

People buy a Les Paul because it is a legacy instrument that is timeless! Would anyone buy a Stradivarius with robot tuning, and built-in multitrack recording capability? Of course not. They don't want it from a Les Paul either!

I hate to say it, but it sounds like you are describing PRS, not Gibson. How sad.

Latest Threads