2013 Les Paul Changes

WinterOrb

Reaction score
Here's a leaked image of the new 2013.
kgrhquokkee4mcuvncibouf.jpg
scaled.php

As you can see it's completely chambered in the body which makes it lighter. It also has a long tenon to help with sustain. I think it'll be great!

rwhammond

Reaction score
scaled.php

As you can see it's completely chambered in the body which makes it lighter. It also has a long tenon to help with sustain. I think it'll be great!

:laugh2::laugh2:

JM2112

Reaction score
scaled.php

Well, can't say that Gibson isn't being transparent about things... :facepalm: :D

If they want to offer Robot models that's fine, as long as you can get the same guitar without it. If they offer torrefied maple as a primary fretboard, that's just cool with me too, those things are awesome to play!

fleahead

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I have ZERO confidence that HJ will allow anything that represents a return to quality product...look for more stupid and/or questionable design/feature changes and "modest" means "modest for the 1%).

Thunder Dump

That tickles
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I understand one of the changes will be in "push / pull" pots ...4 of them on the LP standard..coil tapping,reverse phasing,cut off switching,bypass of all circuits and a compound radius fingerboard.

Um, the 2012s have that. Unless this was meant to be purple text. :hmm:

thexmadxtopxhatter

Reaction score
What's next? The 24 string, chameleon color changing les paul with a built in refridgerator that can play itself?

Shinji Hirako

Reaction score
I'm going to stick with normal guitars. Those "robot" guitars just aren't me.

I suppose it's interesting to have a self tuning guitar but idk, there's just something about a regular les paul. You know? One made of wood, real pickups, and plastic binding.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Swami sez:

The modest price increase part is probably meant to get people to snap up the existing stock. Once all of that is gone, the price will come down again. or not.

blues_man_zep

Reaction score
Ehhh all this baked maple robot tuners and all that unnessicary crap. Looks like im buying used from now on

voggin

Reaction score
introducing the Les Paul X

You know, if they had made a black les paul studio x with the same technology rather than that fugly firebird/melted bowling ball thing, it might have had a few buyers (and at a more reasonable price point.) Line 6 seems to sell their equivalent.

wheelsdeal

Reaction score
Maybe more fingerboard materials.They dont have enough...

Latest Threads