2012 Traditional Pro..... pickup covers

Comic

Reaction score
Hello all and Happy Thanksgiving!

Quick question... i have the above mentioned Gibson. The guitar has zebra pickups, and i've always liked the aesthetics of Les Paul's with covered pickups. I'm considering putting covers on them, but I wanted to get some other opinions, especially if it will change the tone (this guitar *roars*). I know there's a try-and-see-if-you-like-it approach, but to put the covers on requires applying silicon to the top of the pup's so the covers don't squeal (which is not easily undone).

Also, I want to make sure i'm not doing anything ethically compromised.. while I don't have any plans to sell it (ever), i also don't want to give the impression that it's something it's not.

Anyway, all feedback is welcome and thanks!!

splash-01.jpg

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score
@cooljuk will be able to give you good info regarding changes in sound with covers.

I had a 2012 Trad Pro .... black. Yours looks nicer. Congrats.

Last edited:

ARandall

Reaction score
You only need some tape (like paint masking tape) over the slugs.
The most important part is making sure you have a lot of pressure clamping the cover to the pickup as you solder.

smk506

Reaction score
Ethically compromised?

For slapping some covers on your pickups?

I mean…

workerunit

Reaction score
Learn to like it as it is. You will save money and time, time that you can spend making your Lester roar.
Instead of time sent wondering if your pickup covers are going to fall off.

Skit

Witch Doctor
Reaction score
I think it looks great with the zebra's. If it sounds good, play it and enjoy it.

Latest Threads