2012 Les Paul Studio layered “grenadillo”?

DjPsychic

Reaction score
I forgot to mention, half way there I realized I had been watching a Soundgarden Pinkpop concert on YouTube the night before. I must be extremely susceptible to brainwashing lol

41123694-BA61-461E-BF3F-95E47FA0B927.jpeg

Last edited:

mudface

Boo Bee
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are the first 5 digits of the serial number ?.....

mudface

Boo Bee
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

It does say made in USA 2010
It is a 2010.......... Rosewood fretboard for sure. :applause:

Sometimes you have a model year stamped,... like for example you can have a 2010 Les Paul Standard that will say 2008 Model stamped on the back of the headstock..... Your serial is a 2010.... with a 2010 model year.

DjPsychic

Reaction score
It is a 2010.......... Rosewood fretboard for sure. :applause:

Sometimes you have a model year stamped,... like for example you can have a 2010 Les Paul Standard that will say 2008 Model stamped on the back of the headstock..... Your serial is a 2010.... with a 2010 model year.
Nice! Thanks for clearing that up

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
No issues with my Lester with g-dillo....

Here you go...link and grab....

1594909061552.png

tzd

Reaction score
Here she is, she’s pretty damn cool, needs some TLC.

He said serial came back as 2012 but it’s stamped “2010”. I think It’s slim taper, At least that’s what I read about the 2012, partially why i wanted it.

My first modern LP. I think it’s pretty great

View attachment 475901
In case you didn't realize, the Silverburst Les Paul Studio is the only model with the "Les Paul Model" Silkscreen on the headstock in silver instead of gold.

mudface

Boo Bee
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
This and an SG,..... it seems you're on a roll.......:applause:

endial

Reaction score
In case you didn't realize, the Silverburst Les Paul Studio is the only model with the "Les Paul Model" Silkscreen on the headstock in silver instead of gold.
I did not know this. Thanks. So obvious a little thing, but how cool is that?

moreles

Reaction score
Glad this worked out well for you! IMO, the iffy part of Gibson's fretboards is the workmanship and degree of smoothing done, more than the material used. There are stretches of time in whick Gibson seems to have cut costs by reducing the amount of handwork invested in working on the fretboard surface. I've seen many EIR boards that are ugly and way rougher than they need to be. Any of these woods can be worked to a wonderful smooth feel, and all sound good (if in slightly different ways). But both ibson and Fender seem to do rushed and slipshod fretboard prep. I guess they don't want to pay human workers to make better guitars.

DjPsychic

Reaction score
Glad this worked out well for you! IMO, the iffy part of Gibson's fretboards is the workmanship and degree of smoothing done, more than the material used. There are stretches of time in whick Gibson seems to have cut costs by reducing the amount of handwork invested in working on the fretboard surface. I've seen many EIR boards that are ugly and way rougher than they need to be. Any of these woods can be worked to a wonderful smooth feel, and all sound good (if in slightly different ways). But both ibson and Fender seem to do rushed and slipshod fretboard prep. I guess they don't want to pay human workers to make better guitars.
I agree. Every new Fender I’ve held @ guitar center just has that mass-produced feel, if that makes sense. Even though they are in fact massed produced, they just don’t have that finished quality to them.

That’s why i love used stuff :)

This 2014 SG is awesome tho,
newest guitar I’ve ever owned lol

Latest Threads