2011 NHL Playoffs!

blakem

Reaction score
The Canucks do have some serious fire power, but I believe the teams are really evenly matched. The Bruins also have some great firepower as well, Ryder and Marchand have been great.. Lucic is fantastic... at points, the Canucks have seemed like more of a well oiled machine, even when we played the Canadians and Tamp Bay, those teams seemed to be more of a unit... Boston seems rougher around the edges.. but , what they have done is great and thats win games and series... Tonights game will be EPIC... I can see Vancouver winning, but I know Boston will give them a run for the money... GO B'S!

SGMM

Reaction score
:laugh2:

Canucks fans are crying over anything & everything....ridiculous conspiracy theories etc....building that excuse if you lose: "the refs screwed us" "the league screwed us" "the schedule screwed us"....yet we're "blinded by Bruins fever" ??

:laugh2:

Hyper

Reaction score
I was going to respond, but some of you guys are so blinded by Bruin fever (or maybe it's an "anybody but Vancouver" thing), you can't see reality.

A facewash that looks like a bite or an otherwise clean late hit on a Bruin gets you in an uproar, yet you quietly ignore the infractions of those "angels" in yellow and black: late hits and crosschecks, clutching and grabbing, hooks, slashes, and slew foots, an unprovoked 7 (SEVEN) punches to Sedin's head in a row (in a single incident Monday night) without a penalty, and riding a man into the boards - long after he'd lost possession of the puck - and breaking his back in the process, even though stopping was possible and an option. The Bruins are dirty goons. Nothing more.

The fact is the Bruins don't have the depth or the firepower the Canucks have. But they do have a much more consistent (and stellar) goaltender. The results of the three games in Boston seem to be more related to Luongo having a mental block\breakdown, than the Bruins being particularly superior. With the exception of one game, the Canucks have been able to score one or two on Thomas in every game; amd if Lou had shut the door in Boston like he does in Vancouver, this would already be over (and the inverse could also be said: that if he had flailed in Vancouver like he did in Boston, it would also be over). If Vancouver had started Schneider, the outcomes would have been different. From an offense perspective, the Canucks have been pretty steady; the D has been suspect.

The officiating in the playoffs, and this series in particular, is highly suspect. You expect a few bad and or missed calls, but this has been blatantly and consistently one-sided. I particularly liked how Sedin got a penalty on Monday, apparently for being a victim. I'm surprised Higgins didn't get one for being a victim later in the game when he was gang-checked in open ice (notice there was no Boston penalty on that one either). It has been a shameful series for everyone, from certain players to the officials, regardless of the outcome

I'm out of this discussion.
Seriously, you're better off out of this discussion because you're perception of all this is void of reality. Vancouver has eeked out three 1 goal victories while each of Boston's wins have been landslide victories. Even knowing this, you still say Boston is lucky to be in this??? How can anybody in their right mind say that?? Absolutely ridiculous!!!

Oh, and regarding this Bruins Fever, that's pointless as well. I could care less about them. I'm a Kings fan through and through. That being said, Rome on Morton = cheap shot. Boychuck on Raymond = unfortunate accident. Marchand on Sedin = shame on Sedin/ his team mates for allowing that to go unanswered. The Canucks are a talented bunch no doubt about it but they're also the biggest bunch of whining divers that I've ever seen. If they continue to bitch and moan and flop on the ground, they will lose tonight. If they shut up and play up to their potential, they should win. Which Vancouver team shows up?

moff40

Reaction score
Seriously, you're better off out of this discussion because you're perception of all this is void of reality. Vancouver has eeked out three 1 goal victories while each of Boston's wins have been landslide victories. Even knowing this, you still say Boston is lucky to be in this??? How can anybody in their right mind say that?? Absolutely ridiculous!!!

Oh, and regarding this Bruins Fever, that's pointless as well. I could care less about them. I'm a Kings fan through and through. That being said, Rome on Morton = cheap shot. Boychuck on Raymond = unfortunate accident. Marchand on Sedin = shame on Sedin/ his team mates for allowing that to go unanswered. The Canucks are a talented bunch no doubt about it but they're also the biggest bunch of whining divers that I've ever seen. If they continue to bitch and moan and flop on the ground, they will lose tonight. If they shut up and play up to their potential, they should win. Which Vancouver team shows up?
All of the Bruins' "landslides" were on home ice... So, yeah they're different or luckier in their own barn. They aren't superstar scorers anywhere else, and haven't been throughout the playoffs. The Canucks have consistently scored one or two on Thomas in every game, but have lost due to goaltending and D. The first three goals on Monday night weren't "skilled" goals; Lou was drooling. That was proven by Schneider pretty much closing the door every time he went in. At least the fourth goal (on Schneider) was an honest one, a redirection, not a lapse in reason.

Boychuck on Raymond was avoidable, but BOYCHUCK chose not to stop or avoid the hit. No penalty though. But Sedin got one for getting checked. I'm not playing any conspiracy card; I'm just saying the frigging refs are blind. Where's Andy Van Hellemond when you need him?

Hyper

Reaction score
Alright, the time for talk is DONE! Time to post up your pregame predictions.

My heart says go with Boston but my head is telling me that Vancouver wins this one 4-2. I hope I'm wrong. What say the rest of you?

jeff_farkas

Reaction score

Lucky?? Vancouver didn't show up in Boston. Period.

mtgguitar

Reaction score
Here goes!

During this series, Vancouver and Boston have looked like wildcard teams that fluked their way into the playoffs. MAYBE tonight they will wear their big girl panties.

LarsK

Reaction score
Watching it now.. very late to the NHL game.. Everyone has a beard? Is that some sort of tradition?

Ed Zeppeli

Reaction score
Good game....still anybody's.

If momentum follows the team that scores first I'd be worried as the opponent.

mtgguitar

Reaction score
Beantown is on the board.

This is a first in this series, the home team has scored first until now. :shock:

Sirzach

Reaction score
Pretty good result in the first quarter. The Bruins goal actually surprised me. Didn't expect it, and no one really reacted right away, haha.

I don't really mind the Canucks, but I hate their cocky attitude. Luongo insults Thomas for letting in that one goal, and how he was outside of the paint, and how he, Luongo, knwos how to play goalie, and Luongo lets 3 goals in in 3 minutes before getting pulled.

The Horton hit was something else. Rome didn't deserve a full suspension for it, but the hit was borderline. It wasn't the cleanest hit ever, but the concussion I'm pretty sure was just caused by the momentum they both had, and the way Horton's head hit the ice. Rome should have got suspended for 1 or 2 games at the most, if that.

Let's face it, we can complain about hits all day, but this is the finals. These guys are determined, and they are going to hit hard if it means the difference between winning and losing.

Well, this was just my opinions on the series and 1st quarter. I'll be back after the 2nd happy or sad. :laugh2:

jeff_farkas

Reaction score
Pretty good result in the first quarter. The Bruins goal actually surprised me. Didn't expect it, and no one really reacted right away, haha.

I don't really mind the Canucks, but I hate their cocky attitude. Luongo insults Thomas for letting in that one goal, and how he was outside of the paint, and how he, Luongo, knwos how to play goalie, and Luongo lets 3 goals in in 3 minutes before getting pulled.

The Horton hit was something else. Rome didn't deserve a full suspension for it, but the hit was borderline. It wasn't the cleanest hit ever, but the concussion I'm pretty sure was just caused by the momentum they both had, and the way Horton's head hit the ice. Rome should have got suspended for 1 or 2 games at the most, if that.

Let's face it, we can complain about hits all day, but this is the finals. These guys are determined, and they are going to hit hard if it means the difference between winning and losing.

Well, this was just my opinions on the series and 1st quarter. I'll be back after the 2nd happy or sad. :laugh2:
I'll be holding my breath for the next 40 minutes of play time. But so far so good. :):applause:

Latest Threads