2011 Les Paul Standard $1630

Brazilnut

Reaction score
This is a 2008 spec 2011 Standard. It is chambered, and weighs a little less than 8 lbs. It has an asymmetric 50s neck, locking tuners, and a PC board under the hood. It has lots of tiny scratches from use, but no breaks cracks, or bruises. The holly headstock veneer has been drop-filled close to the E string tuner. The Neutric jack has been replaced with a regular Switchcraft jack. [Hate those things!] It has a TonePros bridge with slippery saddles, a BB Pro at 7.58K in the neck, and a Wagner Godwood at 10.6K in the bridge. The action is low and fast, the neck is really comfortable and quick. It's a player. It's been my gigging axe ever since I got it a year ago. Its supposed to be a Standard Plus, but the top is too peekaboo for that, and the Ice Tea Burst ain't very bursty. It looks good onstage, though.

This one has good deep resonant tone, and the Wagner sounds fat and vicious. The BB sounded so good in the neck, I just left it. I stand by the neck--you'll really like it. I was dubious when I was buying it, but it's really a winner. The frets must be Plek'd, because the strings are really low, and they don't buzz or fret out on the bends anywhere. And it's nice and light, so your shoulder and lower back are safe.

It comes with the regular white-fuzz case, no problems there.
I'll sell it for $1600 PayPalled, plus 30 bucks to help with shipping and fees.

Attachments

HardCore Troubadour

Reaction score
can I ask a question because I really do not know the answer?

why were there 2008 specs on a 2011 guitar?

good luck, I have been watching a 2007 Standard on my local CL for over a year....they market is tough, but this one is priced right.

Brazilnut

Reaction score
can I ask a question because I really do not know the answer?

why were there 2008 specs on a 2011 guitar?

good luck, I have been watching a 2007 Standard on my local CL for over a year....they market is tough, but this one is priced right.
They kept the 2008 specs for some of the Standards into 2012, I think. Asymmetric neck, locking tuners, chambering, neutrik jack [ick!], stuff like that. It was a popular package. I had a 2008, and it was very nice. Too nice for me, I couldn't;t gig it, it was too perfect and fancy. So I sold it.