2011 Gibson SG Standard - Nashville Bridge Replacement suggestions plz.

Rezamatix

Reaction score
Hi, Just picked up a nice new to me axe and took it to my tech. Set up perfectly, neck is straight as an arrow. everything is great about it, except its a little on the bright side overall. Its very balanced sounding but leans into the more brilliant side and im wondering if replacing the bridge may help calm down some of its spank.

Any recommends?

For my les pauls I tend to always go with Faber, but Im curious what might serve me with this SG.

thanks!

musicmaniac

Reaction score
If you've already adjusted the pickups and the tone control doesn't help, get the Faber.

Roxy13

Reaction score
ABM makes bell brass bridges and tailpieces that I have read sound good on SGs, and add some weight to the body as well. I haven't tried one yet though so I can't speak from personal experience.

moreles

Reaction score
I would look to the pots and cap value as well as the hardware. Though you'll get different opinions about which bridge material will give you the sound you want, and some will say it's inconsequential, but since stock Gibson hardware is not great to begin with, I would go with a good brass replacement. I haven't used the ABM Roxy13 mentions, but I'd start with that, myself. My SG is an oldie so I have to stay stock, but on a newer one O would definitely look at pots, caps, and bridge. Good luck.

zombiwoof

Reaction score
The top 3 bridges here are the Allparts Vintage Tunematic bridge, I bought one (from another store) to put on my SG Classic, and they fit right on the Nashville posts, which allowed me to drop the tailpiece almost all the way down. It was really high before, for the strings to clear the back of the Nashville. It also made the guitar sound better. The bridge is made in Japan, is really good quality, and you can get replacement bridge saddles for if from Allparts, of various different materials (nickel/brass, nylon, etc) that will also fit Gibson ABR-1's. I recommend this bridge for a drop-on Nashville replacement, it is a great bridge.
Allparts tunematic at Guitar Parts Resource
Al

DaveSG

Reaction score
I've heard a lot of mixed things about a lot of bridges and what they may end up doing for the guitar - the Callaham (steel), the Pigtail (aluminum) and other iterations in other metals. Each can do something different and some people hear something, others not so much. Might be a fun way to experiment and see if you like what you change.

drpietrzak

Reaction score
I have tried stainless steel, brass and regular saddles. AS was to me brighter than the others. Brass had a softer attack but similar range so it seemed mellowed. Nylon is what JB uses for his saddles, probably for that reason.

grayd8

Reaction score
I went with the Faber on mine, wasn't disappointed.

Latest Threads