2011 Gibson Hummingbird Acoustic - Chinese/Fake?

jgab

Reaction score
Hi,
Can you guys please tell me if this is a fake or real Gibson Hummingbird? The crown inlay doesn't look right to me (high placement and not as spaced on the points) and neither does the sticker in the body (usually says made in Montana).

The thing is the serial engraving on the back checks out and says it was made in the Bozeman Plant in Montana - Nov 14, 2011 production #28.

I am confused.

Can someone please help? Is this legit??

Attachments

diskotekno

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The shape of the headstock, the lack of wings on the headstock and the fact I'm pretty sure I can see that it used to have a 3 screw TRC says to me fake.

shark

Reaction score
1 more vote for a chibson. whats up with the tags serial number doesnt match the headstocks number?

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Fake as hell.

All the above mentioned, plus the serial number stamping is in the wrong place, and the wrong stamp.

LocoTex

Reaction score
One look at the headstock had me thinking fake.

Maggot_Brain

Reaction score
The shape of the headstock, the lack of wings on the headstock and the fact I'm pretty sure I can see that it used to have a 3 screw TRC says to me fake.
How do you figure you can see that it had a 3 screw trc? I surely can't.

Wise Guy

Reaction score
Not to mention the Gibson logo itself on the headstock has the typical Chibson angle to the 'G' not in alignment with the side of the neck.

Imperial

Reaction score
Although hard to see in the pictures, the pickguard seems to be quite thin, i.e. fake. An actual Hummingbird pickguard is much thicker.

Also, this model should have electronics in it and therefore controls for it visible on the the top part of the sound hole. Nothing visible here, so fake again.

Latest Threads