2011 Black Beauty 3-PU '60 Reissue

jrkhav

Reaction score
Hey all,

I was looking at some triple pickup '60 reissue black beauties today, when I somehow came across this sold listing on Reverb:

I was really intrigued by this one, seems it's a 2011. I've spent some time scouring the internet for another one of these but can't find any mention of another one. No pictures, no sold listings, nothing anywhere. I'm able to find some of the '57 triple pickup BBs from that year, but no '60s.

Wondering about the story on this one, if anyone owns a '60 BB from 2011 or could shed some more light on the situation. Is it possible it was a really limited run? That's the only thing I can think of.

KBMelb

Reaction score
Probably a Japan only release. Possibly specific to one retailer. I'm pretty sure Page's Black Beauty is the only '60 BB that saw wide release.

jrkhav

Reaction score
Probably a Japan only release. Possibly specific to one retailer. I'm pretty sure Page's Black Beauty is the only '60 BB that saw wide release.

Interesting, sounds like this would've been a run in really small numbers if only a few have popped up in basically the last decade. Is there any way I could confirm or get more info? Really curious about these.

KBMelb

Reaction score
My guess would be a run of 25 if it was one retailer. Possibly up to 300 if it was throughout Japan.

You can probably call or email Gibson with the serial number and get the info.

jrkhav

Reaction score
My guess would be a run of 25 if it was one retailer. Possibly up to 300 if it was throughout Japan.

You can probably call or email Gibson with the serial number and get the info.

Awesome. Definitely wanting to look into these, I borrowed my friend's '57 BB for a bit and the neck was just too big; otherwise I loved the guitar. Seems like these would be the perfect option for neck profile with that same full mahogany body 50's Custom sound.

KBMelb

Reaction score
Awesome. Definitely wanting to look into these, I borrowed my friend's '57 BB for a bit and the neck was just too big; otherwise I loved the guitar. Seems like these would be the perfect option for neck profile with that same full mahogany body 50's Custom sound.
My 2020 3 pup B7 has a '59 neck profile. Not sure that is the norm but man is that a great neck.

Slashperryburst

Reaction score
Odds are Japan is correct. Gibson actually did a run of '60 BB reissues for Japan in 2021. Going for a bit of a Page vibe with the covered and uncovered pickups.

Here

These have a V2 60s neck profile.

jrkhav

Reaction score
Odds are Japan is correct. Gibson actually did a run of '60 BB reissues for Japan in 2021. Going for a bit of a Page vibe with the covered and uncovered pickups.

Here

These have a V2 60s neck profile.

Too cool. What an awesome guitar. Interesting that there are so many Japan only runs, I had no idea as to the extent of these. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for one to pop up, ideally a '60 with a stoptail if I can find one.

KBMelb

Reaction score
Too cool. What an awesome guitar. Interesting that there are so many Japan only runs, I had no idea as to the extent of these. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for one to pop up, ideally a '60 with a stoptail if I can find one.
If you like aged guitars let me know I have a CC#22 I'm looking to sell.

Latest Threads